I have a question

Krayzie

So I am looking at buying a new computer. But I dont know how Windows 7 is compatible with oh say, ET and games like that. So If someone could enlighten me about this, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

So I am looking at buying a new computer. But I dont know how Windows 7 is compatible with oh say, ET and games like that. So If someone could enlighten me about this, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance

i have Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and all games works fine, u just need to run et whit adminstrator and set it to run whit windows xp service pack 2 :) go and get ur comp :)

ET works at Windows 7 ;) I'm not sure, but I think it works only on 32-bit.

nop, it works whit 64 bit too! :)

Works perfectly on 32 or 64 version... sometimes you need as C@nos said to run program as admin

you can also check a video I made here http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/6853-et-is-having-some-technical-difficulties/page__view__findpost__p__72584

that video is made under win7

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 32-bit and it works without problems, only OS exception notice shows up at random but restarting PC solves it.

Everything works fine with win7 32 bit for me :)

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 32-bit and it works without problems, only OS exception notice shows up at random but restarting PC solves it.

Yes, except for this :D happens from time to time..

i have Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and all games works fine, u just need to run et whit adminstrator and set it to run whit windows xp service pack 2 :) go and get ur comp :)

nop, it works whit 64 bit too! :)

My bad :P

Yea I have win7 Professional 64 bit. And I haven't had any problems with games. lol, I even have Midtown Madness 2 on here and that is one freaken old game ;)

As far as I could say, literally every game runs under Windows 7.

Save for DOS games (which go fullscreen and Win 7 doesn't allow that), but luckily DOSBox fixes that!

But yeah so far everything I tried designed for XP worked.

Save for DOS games (which go fullscreen and Win 7 doesn't allow that), but luckily DOSBox fixes that!

But yeah so far everything I tried designed for XP worked.

Oh, stop kidding me. :lol:

Designed for XP as well as for Vista, but yeah, since Windows 7 is using the same kernel as Vista did (though in an improved way), Vista games work as well.

• 1 month later...

it's not as if you can't put any operating system on a new computer.

sure if you buy a computer at stuff mart or dell, it's going to come loaded with the newest OS from microsoft -- but you can easily dual-boot or just wipe it and install XP or something.

wether ET will run on win7 shouldn't be the deciding factor in whatever machine you are looking at lol.

As far as I could say, literally every game runs under Windows 7.

Yus what this guy said =D (except for diablo 2. There is always problems running that game on anything higher than vista)

Yus what this guy said =D (except for diablo 2. There is always problems running that game on anything higher than vista)

Diablo 2 should run well in a Virtual Machine, either a proprietary software or Windows' XP-Mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Games will work on windows 7, I play ET on windows 7 now and havent had a problem yet.

As for windows 7.. if you arent used to windows vista or windows 7 it may take a little bit of getting used to.

But there are alot of cool features on windows 7