Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:07 PM
Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:24 PM
Explain what you mean by lag? Like the mouse doesn't move exactly when you move it?, or its moving slower then it should?
Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:42 AM
Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:07 AM
Mouse lag can be caused by another connected mouse. Be sure you connected just one.
Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:14 PM
What Hannibal said and check also Device Manager\Uninstall Programs, if other mouse is uninstalled(especially Logitech etc software).
Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:27 AM
The Windows mouse fix simply moves the Windows sensitivity slider to the 6th tick and disables the Enhance Pointer Precision option (Windows built in acceleration). If you're talking about another tool it's probably more outdated XP garbage and there is no reason to use it. Since you thought it best to not explain your mouse lag symptoms I'll provide you with only a few stabs in the dark:
- Disconnect then clean the mouse sensor with a moist cotton swab or something similar.
- Clean the mouse pad or surface the mouse is used on or try a different one.
- Use a lower DPI setting (400 - 1600) then adjust to your preferred sensitivity within the game. Depending on your resolution you may be experiencing negative acceleration.*
- Disable acceleration if it's present in your mouse driver and disable it in game: /cl_mouseAccel 0.
- Move devices that cause vibrations further away.
- Try a different USB port.
- As Annibal said: High polling rates on old or low-end hardware can cause a lot overhead. If you don't have a capable CPU then use 125hz/250hz/500hz.**
It takes time to adjust to a new mouse especially if it requires you to change how you hold the mouse. If your problem persists after attempting some or all of the suggestions provided please provide a description of the mouse lag with as much detail as possible.
*You can use RInput as a work around for negative acceleration.
**There is a definitive method for determining which polling rate is best for your machine. If you'd like assistance simply ask.
Edited by xenozbad, 28 February 2015 - 07:33 AM.
- Null likes this
Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:00 PM
Thx guys, was the Hz. Really, thx a lot =)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users