COD4 servers

^1Scare^0crow

I just bought COD4 and I really dig it.

Do we have any servers that don't have air raids helos / jets dropping shit every 3 seconds.

The problem I see is we have guys playing on beginners that I know for a fact are not beginners.  Last I checked beginners don't have 70 kills and 10 deaths per map.

So, we have an empty hardcore server due to the above.. and a frag fest on beginners due to the above.  Kind of scratching my head here f/a's.

Does F\A have a COD4 server for beginners without air strikes?  Or, is that always a part of the game.  I just bought it 3 days ago. bear w/ me.

I'm more of a sniper vs a run and gun.. i will do the latter if i get pissed off enough.  but, lately i can't even get out of the fkn spawn without dying every 3 steps.

crow.

o.0

• Like 1

There's some sort of promod server. Helicopters and Airstrikes aren't activated in that. But most people that play promod aren't beginners.

Apparently beginners is just a name because they allow perks like Last Stand or Grenade Launchers. Which is kind of a shitty excuse, really. 

Sniping in COD4 takes a lot of practice. We have a mix of maps that some are great for sniping, and some not so much. Thankfully you can customize up to 5 classes to switch in and out depending on the map.

Airstrikes and Helicopters are a normal part of the game. Get 3 kills and you get UAV (mini map). Get 5 kills in a row and you get airstrike. Get 7 in a row and you get a helicopter.

In hardcore, the helicopter is easy to shoot down. It takes less than a full clip. Air strikes suck, but with time and uav awareness you'll be able to avoid them easily.

COD is a whole different world compared to ET's style of play.

• Like 2

What sid said basically... Just look at the bright side I say this too many people that complain about the server being called beginners but most of the players aren't beginners... And my usual response is how many players do you think are going to be beginners after all these years a game has been out.... I mean yeah there are people that join the game for the first time. But after a game has been out for 7-8 years you've got to think even if the server is called beginners you got to think to yourself how many of these players are actually beginners :P most likely about 95% of the players that play on beginners aren't beginners.

At the end of the day you are going to be rusty but the more you play the better you will get and the more you will enjoy the game :)

• Like 1

I've always said that the name of the server is more a joke that you only get when you've actually played on the server :P

The rest is pretty much as SiD says, however I will add that to get out of the spawn, when the other team has a dominating advantage, you need to be either quick, patient or sneaky. Patient because you're likely to die... a lot. If it all gets too much, just sit in spec until the other team has finished wiping the floor with your team and jump back in on the next map :)

Also, remember to use Auto-Assign when selecting your team ;)

• Like 2