Well this was a huge friggin surprise that made my day!!

Pannic

For those of you that don't know, I put little 15 second clips of me playing guitar on instagram.

I follow this profile called Riffwars and they randomly find a guitar video, put it up on their profile and tell people to go follow them.

So I log on today and this happens...

10967017_10206017117966581_1481725401_n.

How cool is that! They randomly picked me woohoo!! I was super stoked so I have to tell everyone! :)

Edited by Taborham Lincoln
  • Like 9

• Leader

Too bad that your battery is too low to watch the video. :)

500 Likes!  desismileys_3267.gif

Funny is that I kept clicking on the blue words in the SS!

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1

Too bad that your battery is too low to watch the video. :)

500 Likes! desismileys_3267.gif

Funny is that I kept clicking on the blue words in the SS!

Hahaha :P yea to bad my phone died immediately after that pic! Fail=me lol.

That is really cool.  Take it as an omen, that you have been seen doing what you love, and maybe someone else will notice too.

I was in a music store in Portland, Oregon in 1985 looking for a guitar and I picked up this new Fender Bass guitar just to look at it. (I am first and foremost a Bass Player)

So I plugged the bass into an amp in a test room and started riffing out.  When I finished, I came out of the room and there were these three guys standing there.

One of them asked me if I played professionally.  I told them I was in a band but I was playing lead guitar for them, and that we had just taken a 3 month off time.

They asked if I wanted to play bass for them.  I did.  It lasted about 4 months, and I left.  But what happened was that I met so many players in the Portland area,

that I started getting gigs with several bands over the next 10 years.

So, from that one little play time in the store, it turned big for me.  Had I not been tied down to my life at that time I could have gone full time road with a great band.

And here you are in the spotlight today.  Who knows where your chance will take you.  But make the most of it, for it mostly comes only once.  Good luck.

• Like 1

That is really cool. Take it as an omen, that you have been seen doing what you love, and maybe someone else will notice too.

I was in a music store in Portland, Oregon in 1985 looking for a guitar and I picked up this new Fender Bass guitar just to look at it. (I am first and foremost a Bass Player)

So I plugged the bass into an amp in a test room and started riffing out. When I finished, I came out of the room and there were these three guys standing there.

One of them asked me if I played professionally. I told them I was in a band but I was playing lead guitar for them, and that we had just taken a 3 month off time.

They asked if I wanted to play bass for them. I did. It lasted about 4 months, and I left. But what happened was that I met so many players in the Portland area,

that I started getting gigs with several bands over the next 10 years.

So, from that one little play time in the store, it turned big for me. Had I not been tied down to my life at that time I could have gone full time road with a great band.

And here you are in the spotlight today. Who knows where your chance will take you. But make the most of it, for it mostly comes only once. Good luck.

Dude that's a super cool story! I've been playing for a while and I've had some good opportunities but I'm really getting serious about it this year. My band just recorded a cd and its getting mixed right now so we'll have some professional sounding material soon! And like you said,who knows what this little thing might do for the future :)