Religion?!

Papito

I was raised Christian. Once I grew a bit older I realized how important it is that we really take time to think about what we believe. What really bugs me is how Christianity is being viewed and acted out, especially in North America. The whole image of the "Ned Flanders" go to church every Sunday and you get a free pass to heaven is so way off its ridiculous. Someone said something about religion being born out of necessity, and while I don't completely agree, there is a lot of truth in that statement. You look at the underground churches in places like China and the Middle East and you get examples of what real Christianity is, imo. When your life is on the line, you better be sure about what you believe. I always laugh when I hear someone say that Christianity or religion is a cop out, an easy way to live. Maybe it is if you use your religion to fill the little parts in your life that money, sex, success don't fill. But if you are real about it, living your life for others, it is extremely hard. I also kind of think its funny when I hear people say that science has proven there is no God. Science has only proven that this universe is way bigger than we can imagine and just to begin to think we know half of whats going on is hilarious. Theory isn't fact. If something is logical or makes sense it doesn't always mean its correct. Anyways its 4am and I'm probably not making any real point here but I've got lots of thoughts on the subject.

@Joe lol,

By nature, man is always looking to believe in something, whether the nature, humanity (like Dare says) in a Messiah who comes to save or even that it does not, but always look for something to believe, I believe in what I have with my friends, my family, my fellow people who do good without expecting anything in return, I believe in love, so I say, make love not war!!

All religions where created by "smart"people long time ago to lead big groups of people.So they called and described natural events something "holily"and as everyone knows people were dumb long time ago so the "smarter"ones could easily trick em :)

• Like 1

born christian.

srsly you dont believe in christianity.

you dont believe in heaven or hell.

what do you have to lose?

if you were wrong, you go to heaven

if u were right, well you become one with the soil and become a tree, hopefully someone make a bible out of you.

for me, christianity isnt a religion. its the truth

born christian.

if u were right, well you become one with the soil and become a tree, hopefully someone make a bible out of you.

liez,stop bein shy,last time u told me that you're budhist.cmon desu its nothing wrong with you if you are budhist lmfoa

I was raised religious so I still go to church sometimes (Catholic like my grandparents) even though I think it's 98% fairy tale, "just in case" somehow it is true. You never know. The nice thing about being Catholic is you can do pretty much anything except abortion, adultery, or suicide and still go to Heaven. That leaves a lot of fun stuff ;)

Modern Christianity is not faith, it's an insurance policy.

Didn't we already cover all this stuff in this thread:

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/5713-evolutioncreationism-and/

@Fem rofl, let me ask you something Fem, Joe and you, are familiars or something like that?!

He's the one who asks me "WHO'S YOUR DADDY???"

born christian.

what do you have to lose? is that the question that you ask yourself before you pray? seems like the wrong motivational approach to the whole "god" thing