Fck Charlie. ( just a little rant)

Reallity

media coverage = money.

and unfortunately, where there's a story the media will follow. that doesn't make it right, it's just the way the world turns.

and speaking of Charlie Hebdo, they are set to release their largest print production ever of over 1 million copies. sure they will prove a point, but someone will be making some coin from it.

• Like 3

and speaking of Charlie Hebdo, they are set to release their largest print production ever of over 1 million copies. sure they will prove a point, but someone will be making some coin from it.

They needed gouvernment to save the paper, of course they're happy they can sell something to keep themselves standing. Why would making money suddenly be a bad thing?

Don't get me wrongly, I understand exactly what you mean about people not giving a shit about thousands of Africans being killed and go whoopy once some white people get shot. What you need to understand is this. Western Europe has known peace for 70 years now.Getting people running around with Kalashnikovs in the very heart of that bastion of peace shocks a lot of people. I know it's selfish, but look at it this way.

People finally woke up from their winter sleep for a moment. They protest against violence and they don't blame Islam for it for once. Mediate Muslims are getting their voices into the media. Finally, after such a long time.

Also, people don't say they are Charlie because they agree with what the paper did. They say they are Charlie because they want to show they are not afraid and will never be scared away to express their freedom of speech, a hard-won right.

Solidarity must not be discouraged. I'd say this is the perfect moment to tell extreme people they are wrong, since so many mediate people express their opinion and we see they often realize what it's really about.

I'm very glad the trend is expressing solidarity for once, not declaring some disco-stick slut a goddess or cheering all Muslims are violent inferior people.

We became immune to all "regular violence" reality, not because we don't care, but because we know we can't do shits and giggles about it anyway. If we intervene we are meddlesome, if we don't do anything we are apathetic.

I'm not saying ignorant people aren't annoying. But I rather have them screaming "Je suis Charlie" than "own people first" or similar shit.

PS: to future posters, control your emotions  ;)

• Like 5

My opnion how i did said when someone asked me on servers:

Yeah, it is sad what happen on France but it is over hyped news.And I think ppl from Charlie abused a bit(I saw a racist pic with a politic from france drawn a monkey because she was a black woman).

There are alot of wars runing, alot of guys are dying by it and I dont see any protest to stop wars.

Also ppl are dying by ebola on africa and I cant see anyone fighting to help it.

Would be nice if governaments hold their hands from these causes.

• Like 2

Yeah, it is sad what happen on France but it is over hyped news.And I think ppl from Charlie abused a bit(I saw a racist pic with a politic from france drawn a monkey because she was a black woman).

True, although I don't see why drawing one racist pic justifies death or lightens the act of murder.

There are alot of wars runing, alot of guys are dying by it and I dont see any protest to stop wars.

http://naijagists.com/satan-has-invaded-nigeria-ekiti-women-protest-boko-haram-killings/

Also ppl are dying by ebola on africa and I cant see anyone fighting to help it.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/our-work/medical-issues/ebola

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/support-us

Although I agree on your general opnion: more people should protest the terror that's going on in this world. Let's use our awakening to do some good in this world.

Nothing justify murder anyone I fully agree :)

I didnt see your links but i mean jornal, radio and etc do not care about it how they care for what happen on France.

The French were very moved by what happened this last week.
Me first; we started to be afraid, we live in a democracy and that kind of act has no place in a democracy.
Charlie was a way to show that we are united against terrorism.
This is the first time in years that I saw both of solidarity in France .....
On Africa I agree with you, and for information, France fight against worldwide terrorism and help in the fight against Ebola....
That's why we had these attacks ....

• Like 4

i totaly agree with you bro.

i will not start a discution about this..just want to say

just open your eyes with your feet on the ground and that is good start to not be a sheep.

total respect for the victims and their familys...but this world is full of hipocrits that just want to take advantage on this tipe of cases.

all the childrens that are born with no water,no food,no peace...and for them no one cry...but when some one known die...

every one is Charlie.

and i will stop here cuz it realy mix with my feelings...too much hipocrits on this world...

living in fear give the goverments all in pass to do what they want without beeing questioned.

• Like 2

Nothing justify murder anyone I fully agree :)

I didnt see your links but i mean jornal, radio and etc do not care about it how they care for what happen on France.

That's why I don't use any of those. I use the internet to get the news I want to get. I get angry of listening to the radio after 2 minutes :)

The French were very moved by what happened this last week.Me first; we started to be afraid, we live in a democracy and that kind of act has no place in a democracy.Charlie was a way to show that we are united against terrorism.This is the first time in years that I saw both of solidarity in France .....On Africa I agree with you, and for information, France fight against worldwide terrorism and help in the fight against Ebola....That's why we had these attacks ....

Yup I am not talking about ppl from france, everyone who know history of world know that France is a symbol of democracy, just about what world midia doing with this case.Like it is a 3rd world war or a jihad( I am talking about midia in my country, they are useless IMO), don't get me wrong.

That's why I don't use any of those. I use the internet to get the news I want to get. I get angry of listening to the radio after 2 minutes :)

Yeah, but 90% of ppl still watch/listen it you know...

I get your point. They should stop provoking that much with those cartoons.

About Boko Haram, don't forget that this terrorist attack in Paris is close too western civilization thats why it's so much in the news. If you check up Nigerian News papers or other African News paper you will see that it's full of news about Boko Haram and barrely about Paris, just because it's not that much in the western news doesn't mean they don't care here in the western civilization. But it's true they also need to spend some more investigations into Boko Harom to stop this scum forever!

But don't forget the Paris Demonstration is not only for Charlie but for each form of terrorist attacks in the world. Every nation need to help and support to stop organizations like; Boko Haram, IS, Hamas, Taliban etc. each form of extremism of religion, voilence whatever needs to be wiped off this planet.

Edited by equaLz
  • Like 1

"A Single Death is a Tragedy; a Million Deaths is a Statistic."

Western Europe has known peace for 70 years now.

Wait did we just skip over everything that happened since WW2? I mean besides the wars, there have been terror attacks also.

Terrorism in the EU.

• Like 1

Loads of truth in this topic but until now only Lucky understood my actual point.

I don't care who gets money from disaster, who we mourn about and who we dont. Hell its not even about terrorism or war. What bothers me is (in my eyes) a major default in humankind.

To comprehend the highly complex world we have alot of unconcious processes running to recognize things and make conclusions without having to think about it into the smallest detail.

One of these processes is that we copy others. When we walk a huge crowd we are able to flow without bumping into eachother. This is fcking brilliant and god, allah or whoever is in charge designed this like a pro.

However i think people became lazy because of this process and we copy more and more and stop thinking for ourselves. And not just in news.

For instance; a few years ago i was in La Louvre and i got in the room with the mona lisa. I was shocked with what i saw because there were hundreds of people lined up to make pictures of the mona lisa. Just because this is a famous painting everyone wanted a picture or look at it while having their back turned to an incredibly beatifull 10 meter wide painting called "The Wedding Feast at Cana" that dindt get any attention from the horde of people in the room.

And don't get me wrong as a consumer behaviourist i earn my money by exploiting this stupid unconcious part of the mind.

I'm not mad i'm just highly dissappointed when i see this slavelike behaviour from the vast majority of a brilliant species called mankind.

And guys you are my friends so if u don't mind I like to show my emotions when i feel like it.

• Like 2

However i think people became lazy because of this process and we copy more and more and stop thinking for ourselves. And not just in news.

And guys you are my friends so if u don't mind I like to show my emotions when i feel like it.

I agree, however I do think that it has pretty much always been like this. I think we realize it more now because of the internet.

• Like 1