XP gone

Cowboy888

Your xp is stored to etkey file which is located in your ET/etmain folder. In case you have somehow lost this etkey file or been inactive on the server for too long there is no way to retrieve the xp. To avoid xp loss remember to backup the file every once in a while.

• Like 1

In case you have somehow lost this etkey file or been inactive on the server for too long there is no way to retrieve the xp.

But I thought your servers were XPSave 4 ever servers, aren't they?

/JoNny

/JoNny

By my understanding yes as long as you stay active, but if you're inactive for month or more (dunno the exact time) it'll reset.

• Like 1

Is this due to server settings or general properties made by the game itself?

Would be interesting to know if there's a possibility to change that.

/JoNny

I lost my xp can we retrieve it?

Since when haven't you played?

Are you sure that you didn't install new ET game? How did it happen that you lost it? Be more specific, please.

Edited by Unknown*

I lost mine twice already on Jay3. Just didn't play for a while because I was busy. Annibal told me it would be normal since I didn't play some weeks.

/JoNny

The command responsible for that is "g_xpSaveTimeout". For instance, if it's set as to g_xpSaveTimeout 30d, the XP points will be saved for 30 days since your last connection. Please check if in your Etmain folder you have etkey file. 

Daredevil, are you sure that g_xpSave you have set to 0, instead of 1?

• Administrators

The command responsible for that is "g_xpSaveTimeout". For instance, if it's set as to g_xpSaveTimeout 30d, the XP points will be saved for 30 days since your last connection. Please check if in your Etmain folder you have etkey file. 

Daredevil, are you sure that g_xpSave you have set to 0, instead of 1?

Well .. It's only he is having issue.. Give this a try:

Delete your etkey and then join server.. Play for 2 maps and see what happens.

• Administrators

/JoNny

45 days buddy. With forever our xpsave file used to go huge and it gets corrupted on windows. Jay1 is way longer. Jaybird never fixed his windows issue.. Most of the clans wouldn't notice it at all.

• Like 1

45 days buddy. With forever our xpsave file used to go huge and it gets corrupted on windows. Jay1 is way longer. Jaybird never fixed his windows issue.. Most of the clans wouldn't notice it at all.

Ah I see, at least I've got a reason now, why my XPs / or anyone's XPs are being reset after a while.

Thanks.

• Like 1