Best Camcorder/Camera?

Livyatan

What do you think is the best camcorder/camera around at a decent price? For school, I've been looking around for a SLR camera and one camcorder that can at least give me professional quality video. I was eyeing a Canon XL2 and Canon 5D Mark ii, but man... pricey :o

canon_5d_mark_ii_400pix3.jpg

Canon 5D Mark ii

30-120-134_1.jpg

Canon XL2

I share a Nikon D3000 with my sister, its a fantastic camera. 10 megapixels, decent lcd screen. Kinda pricey at around $450, but I think its well worth it. And lenses of course will totally rape your wallet.

NIkon D3000

I share a Nikon D3000 with my sister, its a fantastic camera. 10 megapixels, decent lcd screen. Kinda pricey at around $450, but I think its well worth it. And lenses of course will totally rape your wallet.

NIkon D3000

Nice. Seen some good prices on ebay under $300, but that's just for the body. No kidding on the lenses. Expensive one I've seen was over $500.

I can't help you with your exact needs Thumper, but perhaps this website can help out. They have good reviews on a variety of camcorders.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/

I dont have any suggestions for DSLR's though. :\

Thanks for that link man :) What I was trying to look for was a DV type camcorder. Need one to do my homework with for film class. I'll keep looking around, thanks.