• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

When a map becomes a place.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MaKy

MaKy

Recruiter for WT

• Recruiting Team
  • 1,409 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:17
  • Server:Jay3
  • Steam ID:famaky
  • T-M:ET: 10-7
    COD: 0-0
    TF2: 0-0

You know those places you've been to so many times that you become familiar with every little detail, maybe a hiding place a great observation point, the spot where you clean up the mess? I'm talking about maps and how we play many of them so often that it seems like a real place, which it is in some games.You might have dream't about a map . Yet you always find a new angle, a piece of real estate that maybe only you know about. A good example is if you do something often in a particular map and realise that you are the only one doing it and your decision is paying off in the form of ass kicking and domination. I have to shout out a big thank you to the creators of places like Siwa, Gold Rush, Radar, Rail Gun etc.. Yes they are E.T but the same applies for all games.

I guess I'm writing this because I'm way overdue playing again. My only form of activity now is in forums and I can't wait for that to change. Then I can go to those little places and start kicking ass again.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

RedBaird

RedBaird

What does this thing do? I will push it and see...

• Leader
  • 6,197 posts
Glorious beacon of light
  • EvolveHQ:FA_Redbaird
  • Admin:20
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:=F|A=RedBaird
  • T-M:ET: 13-4

Donator

Do you dream that you are moving through maps, but that they have people from your RL in them?  :)

MaKy

MaKy

Recruiter for WT

• Recruiting Team
  • 1,409 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:17
  • Steam ID:famaky
  • T-M:ET: 10-7
    COD: 0-0
    TF2: 0-0

Do you dream that you are moving through maps, but that they have people from your RL in them?   :)

Not yet :)

Spitfire

Spitfire

L8: Grand Teacher

• Inactive Member
  • 1,689 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Fun1

During my army service last winter i had that feeling sometimes when i was running around with my gun and at some points ET winter maps came up to my mind  if that's what you had in mind. :)

Xernicus

Xernicus

Certified Mikutard

• ET Member
  • 2,693 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • EvolveHQ:Xernicus
  • Admin:16
  • Alias:=F|A=Xernicus
  • Steam ID:0:0:57748879
  • T-M:ET: 7-6
Contributor

I think I completely understand. Marrakech Nights is probably my all around favorite map and I know every nuance-- much like one's own neighborhood. And yes, it is indeed fun flying through,knowing where the next nub camper will be with MG-42 knowing that inevitably, somebody, sometime, will indeed venture down that hallway. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users