Landmine kill award

Mr.Karizmatic

Landmine Kill Award  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an award for Landmine Kills

• Yes
    • No

My opinion is No.. Knife is general weapon for everyone so it is easy and awards are also the same.But landmines are limited only to a particular class, alot will spam saying no landmines left or so.. And landmines will be planted in spawn points making the person planting the mines get the award easily. So i dont agree with this idea.

Sorry :)

I don't agree. A landmine award would be cool. Good idea. I doubt mines will be spammed and besides planting mines in spawn won't work if you have spawn protection.

25 kills might be a tough score to aim for depending on which server you are playing on and how many players are on. So per map I'd say maximum 20

+1 karizmatic

i think we have enough awards we cant have awards for everything lets be realistic  people dont even bother submitting for the awards we have half the time someone gonna be askin for award for most deaths  next  :rolleyes:

Edited by D..X
  • Like 2

I agree with DX. Seriously I don't see a need for more awards. We can't have awards for every single thing especially landmines because it's not something really popular. Having award for best class would be cool since we don't have anything like that but like this we can then just add awards for all weapons.

Its not a weapon and 150 mines per team so it wont be like spam or etc and landmine is quite equal to knife and it will be a good one cause i see in awards there are assist rpg/claymore/c4/airstrike for COD4 i think having landmines award wont hurt much 

It actually takes a good engi who knows where to plant landmines to get allot of kills. I agree with Karizmatic that landmines aren't really a weapon in the sense that you can never plan to directly kill a specific player with a landmine since you have no way of knowing which route they'll take.  Not to mention that even if a player crosses an area where you've planted your landmines this player can always jump over the landmine or the landmine simply doesn't always kill the player who trips it.  If you then take into account that covies can spot landmines from miles away, that our servers have XP save meaning that most players also see the landmines when they are close to them, and that teammates often trip them, it's not surprising that you rarely see engies get more than 10-12 landmine kills.  The amount of landmines a team can plant is limited on each server/map anyway (usually only 15-20 on Silent#1 for example) so spam planting or fears that everyone will go engi just to use more landmines will really not be an issue.  If this award would require, let's say, 20 or 25 landmine kills (and no bots on map) then believe me, it will not be an award that every player will get and would thus only reward the truly good/efficient engies on our servers.

If you feel there's already too many "useless" awards then it might be time to re-think some of those we currently have.  I agree that a most-death award would just be dumb, and for example, the elite-knifer award is kinda silly since just about everyone has it and most of those who do got it be stabbing bots - including myself.  When I saw how people got that award I tried it out too once just for fun and trust me, it took me absolutely no skill to stab my 73 bots on an empty server.  So in general, I think a "no bots allowed" rule would add value to quite a few of the currently available awards. But that's another topic tbh..

• Like 3

It actually takes a good engi who knows where to plant landmines to get allot of kills. I agree with Karizmatic that landmines aren't really a weapon in the sense that you can never plan to directly kill a specific player with a landmine since you have no way of knowing which route they'll take.  Not to mention that even if a player crosses an area where you've planted your landmines this player can always jump over the landmine or the landmine simply doesn't always kill the player who trips it.  If you then take into account that covies can spot landmines from miles away, that our servers have XP save meaning that most players also see the landmines when they are close to them, and that teammates often trip them, it's not surprising that you rarely see engies get more than 10-12 landmine kills.  The amount of landmines a team can plant is limited on each server/map anyway (usually only 15-20 on Silent#1 for example) so spam planting or fears that everyone will go engi just to use more landmines will really not be an issue.  If this award would require, let's say, 20 or 25 landmine kills (and no bots on map) then believe me, it will not be an award that every player will get and would thus only reward the truly good/efficient engies on our servers.

If you feel there's already too many "useless" awards then it might be time to re-think some of those we currently have.  I agree that a most-death award would just be dumb, and for example, the elite-knifer award is kinda silly since just about everyone has it and most of those who do got it be stabbing bots - including myself.  When I saw how people got that award I tried it out too once just for fun and trust me, it took me absolutely no skill to stab my 73 bots on an empty server.  So in general, I think a "no bots allowed" rule would add value to quite a few of the currently available awards. But that's another topic tbh..

totally agree what u said but no bots allowed we cant do that cause we have bots on everyserver and we really dont know if that person got kills by killing bots or players but i really think give this a try plz cause this will be a good award..........

@d..x Think about those who cares why always care about who dont if thats the case i think we shldnt have any award cause majority of them dont post on forums and this award is also for newbies who cant be always Killer of the month on servers...we have many useless awards i must say ......

I don't agree. A landmine award would be cool. Good idea. I doubt mines will be spammed and besides planting mines in spawn won't work if you have spawn protection.

I mean spawn like in Gold rush We usually plant landmines near Axis Spawn and if u say that Spawn protect is on the person normally plants near the stairs or near the bank where the Axis people come out in the backside or so.

Engineers will start planting landmines in Tank Barrier 2 where it will be flooded with land mines. Then people will start complaining "People are Deliberately pushing Me/Us into the mines.

In another opinion i would say that "Engineers" wont do the objective, rather they will go planting land mines and wait until the enemy is killed.

I mean spawn like in Gold rush We usually plant landmines near Axis Spawn and if u say that Spawn protect is on the person normally plants near the stairs or near the bank where the Axis people come out in the backside or so.

Engineers will start planting landmines in Tank Barrier 2 where it will be flooded with land mines. Then people will start complaining "People are Deliberately pushing Me/Us into the mines.

In another opinion i would say that "Engineers" wont do the objective, rather they will go planting land mines and wait until the enemy is killed.

we have knife award and i dont think everyone run with a knife to get award its just for fun and i see not many of them do obj on jay servers and we can plant mines and do obj too there are -ve points bt +ve points are more and why not give it a try if it fails we shall remove....

As i said earlier Knife is for all Classes.. Anyone can equip Knife and kill. But this is only for Engineers and join always as Engineer then Pushing and Whining and all sorts of issues :(

• Like 1

Engineers will start planting landmines in Tank Barrier 2 where it will be flooded with land mines. Then people will start complaining "People areDeliberately pushing Me/Us into the mines.

Nah I doubt this award will have that effect on how people play. And if you say that an award like this will result in engineers not doing the obj then we shouldn't have awards like killer of the month or any award for that matter because they'll just focus on killing and refrain from doing the objective.

Awards are just to satisfy a players efforts to obtain above average scores and that shouldn't be an issue at all. Besides, it promotes players that like planting mines to come on the forums to collect their award potentially receiving another active forum member which is good for a growing community.

Also, a lot of players use the medic class. This promotes the usage of the engineer class which may put am end to those whiners complaining of too many medics.

And who cares if its only for engineers. Its not like everyone on the server is equipping the knife and so having an 'only' engi award will stir up trouble, that's a lousy excuse not to implement this award, Ajay.

Like karizmatic said, if it fails move on but there certainly no harm in trying it out.

Still agree with having this award...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the server. For example HC or Silent where there are not so many mines(15 I think or less) to be placed abd that mines can be triggered by teammate engineer, other engys will walk over someone else mines to be able to plant their own mine to get the kill. 

• Like 2

Depends on the server. For example HC or Silent where there are not so many mines(15 I think or less) to be placed abd that mines can be triggered by teammate engineer, other engys will walk over someone else mines to be able to plant their own mine to get the kill. 

Doesnt that happen normally 

Doesnt that happen normally 

Happens now and then, but if a Landmine Kill Award will be out, it will happen more often. The times some engy walk over a mine is usually not on purpose, with the award I assure you almost every engy will do it on purpose. If Landmine Award get implemented it will cause for a harder job for admins, rage between players and bad ethics in gameplay.