Using paypal is a hassle, anymore

Daliger

Sigh...

So, I just tried using my credit card on a paypal guest account thingy to buy my girlfriend a nice and purdy necklace. However, a process that should be simple and easy is now an annoying hassle.

Because long ago, I made a paypal account and linked my current credit card with it. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the password to that account. (ik.. My fault) So my thought process was... "Forgot my password? Let me reset it!" lolnope

I go through the classic email confirmation code process, and then I'm hit with another step to resetting my password. Not only did I have to do the email thing (didn't really mind that), but now I have to answer two security questions. Great, questions I filled out over a year ago.. I'm sure this will go well.

So, can't get the questions right. Big surprise. Personally, security questions are pretty dumb.. If you don't spell/capitalize your answer exactly as the original.. It's wrong. Annoying if you ask me.

So, I can't answer the questions, but look! I can do an automated phone call process. Lets do that! lolnope. The only phone that paypal would call was the one linked to my account. Which since I made the account, I have gotten a new phone and number. Can't do that now either.

I'm really out of options now.. I can't answer my security questions, and I can't do the automated phone call. Literally can't use my credit card with paypal now, without calling them and raging at them. Needless to say, that is exactly what I'm going to do, but I feel like this shoulda been avoided by not having such strict rules on paypal.

Anyone find paypal a hassle??

Paypal is OK for Ebay, however for most other websites it is quite a hassle. You shouldn't have to sign up with someone to make a simple transaction however Paypal's goal is to dominate the online eco-system.. Very few web developers these days that are worth their salt use PayPal, we use Stripe quite extensively as it'a API is easily integrated, quite secure and doesn't require you to sign up for anything.

Is there possible to make new paypal account?

Yeah, but my credit card is already linked on the one already made. It won't let you link the same card on two accounts, I don't think. 

Call paypal support ;) give them u social if u had in past

And yeah.. Boutta do that right now lol. Thanks guys