Silent1 Oasis -REMOVE/CHANGE

Before I begin I would like to state that I have always hated this map. Having it removed would make me giddier than a soccer mom with a $10,000 shopping pass at Macy's.

The entire map consists of choke points with Axis spawning on top of them. This wouldn't be an issue if the majority of the Allied team did not insist on camping. Rather than pushing in they choose to throw blind grenades over and over, waste time on landmines as the offensive team, spamming artillery in useless places without a care in the world, and soldiers that are on their own planet the entire map. Sure coordination would make this all an entirely different story but it's a pub server and this rarely ever happens on Oasis. You cannot force players to actually play the game - even more so when they do not know how in the first place.

Redundancy is not fun and that's what you get after running into a wall of Axis every spawn (which happened 3 out of the 4 times I've played Oasis today). If the only fun and challenge from an objective map is running around killing each other then just replace them all with capture the flag maps.

I have spoken with several clan members about evening the teams based on the map and current flow of the objective. Some do their best and others refuse to use the !putteam command out of fear that players will leave after being moved. In my opinion it falls on the shoulders of every player to contribute to making the teams fun and fair. If a player gets butt hurt and quits because you moved him or her to another team is that really the type of person you want on the server? I know from experience that a PM can go a long way which can avoid using the !putteam command all together. I implore you to speak with the admins about not basing the teams off of the !howfair command or scores alone but the over all progression of the objective too. As well as encourage them to use the !putteam command when it is needed. It simply doesn't matter if Allies are up 100 kills and the !howfair command says the teams are even. If the objective wasn't touched once in 20 minutes something more should have been done. 

Regards,

xenozbad

• Like 1

• Administrators

Well the major issue is everyone trying on it's own. Now a days people have forgotten the use of something called "Fireteam".

Played the map yesterday 2 times and each time I was able to reach the tank but then I was never able to plant because bunch of noob cakes in my team always wanted to go from front door, so practically no back up. There is something called tunnel and half of my team didn't even knew about it and it's a stock map. 

Either I am getting old or new players in ET have no clue how to win maps. Even if I had made 8/16 spawn time my team would have still lost lol.. 

I agree, oasis as its issues but it is still a good map.  Even I do the map alone, or if I know a player they will support me.  Its possible to do it alone and not in a group, but its hard.  Its sad that generally if the allies don't take the first spawn within the first 4-6 minutes of the map most give up and just camp it to keep there KD's up. 

I think Oasis might be different if there was double jump, then again everyone would just double jump the wall, but I think that would make it easier also to capture the flag cause axis would have to guard the wall itself.  Maybe if double jump can be implemented like a quarter of the map or something? I don't know

• Administrators

Well re-played today and Allies owned Axis. 7 mins map done. I guess it goes back to same root. Team mates had no clue how to defend the map. 

Well the major issue is everyone trying on it's own. Now a days people have forgotten the use of something called "Fireteam".

Played the map yesterday 2 times and each time I was able to reach the tank but then I was never able to plant because bunch of noob cakes in my team always wanted to go from front door, so practically no back up. There is something called tunnel and half of my team didn't even knew about it and it's a stock map. 

Either I am getting old or new players in ET have no clue how to win maps. Even if I had made 8/16 spawn time my team would have still lost lol.. 

totally agree no team play anymore nobody helps the engies and its all about the frags if you play as a team the map is totally doable from both ends and its a fun map

blows my mind that that many people dont no about the tunnel seeing like you said its a stock map..

Game is 10 years old. Game was created ENTIRELY for teamwork. That went out the door when SplatterLadder came about.

Great map. Doesn't need double jump. Needs mentality of teamwork.

1 engie, 1 F-ops and 2 medics working in a small Fireteam can run that map..... even with 20 on Axis defending.

1 engie and 1 c-ops if you want to get sneaky.

Always love rater yelling at end of map about having highest frags, yet the objective was not destroyed. Or better yet... when their team didn't even capture the city.