The Mother of All Wars!!!

kandya

:hi guys just reading the newspaper and found in one of them on the first page something very interesting that want to share with u hope its the right place to do so :hmm

â€Back to the front!...Tom Hanks talks exclusively about his new second world war series-the most expensive television drama ever ."The Pacific, is an epic, unflinching portrait of America/s war with Japan. Stephen Armstrong talks to Tom Hanks, one of its creators, about â€the first modern conflictâ€

This year , Hanks and Spielberg follow it up with The Pacific, another 10-parts mini-series that-as the title suggests-cover the Japanese compaign,largely fought by American soldiers, but involving the single largest British fleet the Royal Navy has ever assembled . And its a bitter, bloody business... The Pacific can make u feel claustrophobic, tense and occasionally fearful.In part this is down to the source material. Whereas Band of Brothers was based on the book of the same name by the American historian Stephen Ambrose , The Pacific is drawn from memoris by two survivors from the 1st Marine Division -With the Old Breed, by Eugene Sledge; and Helmet for My Pillow, by Robert Leckie- as well as the story of John Basilone , a hero of the vicious fighting on Guadalcanal who became a celebrity recruiting officer. (Hugh Ambrose,Stephen/s son, has pulled all these accounts together, along with other testimonials and records to create an accompanying book)...â€We see the wor as they saw itâ€. Hanks calls it an â€underneath the helmet†take on war...

â€The war in Europe is a recognisable version of the terror of war, because its about armies fighting on a front lineâ€, he explains. â€When an enemy soldier threw his hands up in the air ,then,largely,the war was over for him. That is not the case with The Pacific.†It was fighting that was based on racism, and a war waged through terror. Horrible things were done on both sides to human beings both dead and alive. It was a case of â€We hate these peopleâ€-not â€We/re going to liberate this islandâ€...

The whole dynamic of what this marines see untherneath their helmet-its not more horrible, its just a different kind of horror : â€If we wanted to let u really experience the war, we/d have to throw u in a mud hole and leave u there with no toilet paper, with a war a warship shelling u all night long...†The marines guns glow red -hot as they rake these suicidal assaults. And ,unlike more war films, the emotional damage inflicted by winning is exposed in unflinching details. Soldirs shoot themselves to escape the madness... When these guys came back and picked up their lives,everybody had moved on. Nobody was buying them a free meal because they/d saved the world. So i would like this series to live on library shelves to help explain what they went through ....We want this to be something -if we have all done our job well enough- that will make anyone who sees it, whether they were a soldier or not, say â€That/s what I would have gone through†...

The Pacific begins on Sky Movies Premiere/HD on April 5 at 9pm with a double episode ...for more informations read The Sunday Times, Culture! :thanks

lolareyoumad?

you need a date with me, with SALSA music and some tequilas on a beach's bar!

SALSA FTw!!!!

and maybe some day i get that movie!!

:hmm not bad Mex!... ;) im pretty good at all of those...after that u keep ur word :excl:

:hi guys just reading the newspaper and found in one of them on the first page something very interesting that want to share with u hope its the right place to do so :hmm

Back to the front!...Tom Hanks talks exclusively about his new second wolrd war series-the most expensive television drama ever,"The Pacific, is an epic, unflinching portrait of America/s war with Japan. Stephen Armstrong talks to Tom Hanks, one of its creators, about â€the first modern conflictâ€

This year , Hanks and Spielberg follow it up with The Pacific, another 10-parts mini-series that-as the title suggests-cover the Japanese compaign,largely fought by American soldiers, but involving the single largest British fleet the Royal Navy has ever assembled . And its a bitter, bloody business... The Pacific can make u feel claustrophobic, tense and occasionally fearful.In part this is down to the source material. Whereas Band of Brothers was based on the book of the same name by the American historian Stephen Ambrose , The Pacific is drawn from memoris by two survivors from the 1st Marine Division -With the Old Breed, by Eugene Sledge; and Helmet for My Pillow, by Robert Leckie- as well as the story of John Basilone , a hero of the vicious fighting on Guadalcanal who became a celebrity recruiting officer. (Hugh Ambrose,Stephen/s son, has pulled all these accounts together, along with other testimonials and records to create an accompanying book)...We see the wor as they saw it . Hanks calls it an â€underneath the helmet†take on war...

â€The war in Europe is a recognisable version of the terror of war, because its about armies fighting on a front lineâ€, he explains. â€When an enemy soldier threw his hands up in the air ,then,largely,the war was over for him. That is not the case with The Pacific.†It was fighting that was based on racism, and a war waged through terror. Horrible things were done on both sides to human beings both dead and alive. It was a case of â€We hate these peopleâ€-not â€We/re going to liberate this islandâ€...

The whole dynamic of what this marines see untherneath their helmet-its not more horrible, its just a different kind of horror : â€If we wanted to let u really wxperience the war, we/d have to throw u in a mud hole and leave u there with no toilet paper, with a war a warship shelling u all night long...†The marines guns glow red -hot as they rake these suicidal assaults.And ,unlike more war films, the emotional damage inflicted by winning is exposed in unflinching details. Soldirs shoot themselves to escape the madness... When these guys came back and picked up their lives,everybody had moved on. Nobody was buying them a free meal because they/d saved the world. So i would like this series to live on library shelves to help explain what they went through ....We want this to be something -if we have all done our job well enough- that will make anyone who sees it, whether they were a soldier or not, say â€That/s what I would have gone through†...

The Pacific begins on Sky Movies Premiere/HD on April 5 at 9pm with a double episode ...for more informations read The Sunday Times, Culture! :thanks

i cant wait till i see it. band of brothers was amazing and from the trailer and what i have read the pacific sould be just as good.