a cool frag video i found

staticwarp

Remind me myself in my good day  ;)

but of course the killed players are mosly bots, you can see that by way they move or by the names.

Anyway, very nice camera film, wonder how they make it.  :o

• Clan Friend

but of course the killed players are mosly bots, you can see that by way they move or by the names.

heee? where?

In the first video? Not only etpro has no bot support, but in etpro fragmovies there's usually an unwritten rule saying that you shouldn't put frags from public servers either (because it would be 'too easy')

It's all clan vs clan matches, you can even hear the radio commentary. That's the point of an etpro frag movie, if you kill bots or players in a public server it's not the same thing. For example airstrike kills or panzer wouldn't be imperssive at all if you didn't outsmart a skilled team.

p.s.

they make it probably with camtrace or some similar tool

edit: lol it says camtrace in the text, so I guessed right :P

Edited by SunLight
  • Like 2

Nice video, I also liked the camera angles.I once tried to get into video editing in ET (there was this special software just for that but i don't remember) and it was completely overwhelming to use so i gave up.

But still, Maddog can easily pwn these noobs.

p.s.

they make it probably with camtrace or some similar tool

edit: lol it says camtrace in the text, so I guessed right :P

What is camtrace ?

need good pc for it ?  :o my pc is piece of shit :/

Edited by Puni

This video was made by a friend, amazing player and clan leader of my old clan Hellsoldiers

Indeed the guy had an incredible aim, all round nice guy, had trained with him in the past and eventually had him in my etpro team back in the days when prize money was actually associated with et and tournaments.   :rockon

• Like 1

This video was made by a friend, amazing player and clan leader of my old clan Hellsoldiers

I have watched all of mAus's video's and they are good. Perhaps the best player ever in the whole ET game.

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

What is camtrace ? need good pc for it ?  :o my pc is piece of shit :/

you don't need a fast pc for it. I never used it personally, and if I remember correctly it works only with etpro (not sure). It's a tool to generate camera movements

here is a tutorial:

When you make a frag movie you generally use a separate ET install, with custom textures and configs specific for movies, tools like image_et to generate motion blur etc.etc.etc. and of course there is also a lot of postprocessing with video editing software, that's why they look so good if compared to the real game.

• Like 2