Ebola Virus

Poo-Bear

(excuse the profanity, really pissed about this)So I was in my Biology class today and some dumbass kids were joking about the Ebola outbreak, saying that its funny and crap like that. So I step in and say its nothing to joke about. They started saying I was Ebola. Now I am not annoyed by the saying that to me, I have thicker skin than that, but its the fact that they were joking about something that is killing thousands and they just talk BS about it. I want to know your guys thoughts on this. I am really pissed about this.

People joke about bad things all the time. South Park is my favorite example for this.

Aids has killed thousands. Tons of jokes about that.

Black plague killed millions. Jokes about that.

SARS? Even I joked about that.

How about shit like all the super serious extremist threats on anyone that dare draw Mohammed? That was f***ing hilarious. There was even a draw Mohammed campaign across the internet.

Nazis? Holocaust? Some of the worst shit in history. Still tons of jokes.

I find it hilarious that people are freaking out over Ebola in NA. This is no different than every other big panic attack that happened in the last 20 years. Can't tell you how many f***ing times I heard 'Terrorists were seen spotted at school!' 'Sars will kill everyone!' 'H1N1 will infect everyone in our (pretty small) town!'. Every time I hear about this shit, I roll my eyes.

What you find serious, others find funny. Some of us also don't think it's as serious as most would like to think. You can't change it, and the only thing you can do is ignore it and move on. Everyone has a different view, a different sense of humor, and different ways of handling things.

Edited by SiD
  • Like 1

I get it Sid,But I don't find it funny at all. For the general public I suppose it is one thing to say " I don't have anything to worry about", But in my line of work and the area I cover there is a higher chance of coming into contact with the virus than say a programmer would have. We are making preparations to respond to a problem well in advance in case it would get to our area, Better safe than sorry. That is the nature of my work though, prepare for the worse and hope for the best. I see to many flippant attitudes towards all these diseases, not everything is the flu, know what I mean. While the treatments for Ebola are more successful in NA, it is still nothing to be taken lightly. I worry about the fact that I my go to work one day and not be able to come home again, But that is everyday for me and we takes steps to reduce those dangers. Sorry for the rant, just something that has been in the forefront of my mind and something we have been gearing up for so many in my field are on edge, especially in light of recent events regarding the EMS crew in Texas that didn't even know he was infected, that can happen to any of us anyday so.....

People joke about bad things all the time. South Park is my favorite example for this.

Aids has killed thousands. Tons of jokes about that.

Black plague killed millions. Jokes about that.

SARS? Even I joked about that.

How about shit like all the super serious extremist threats on anyone that dare draw Mohammed? That was f***ing hilarious. There was even a draw Mohammed campaign across the internet.

Nazis? Holocaust? Some of the worst shit in history. Still tons of jokes.

I find it hilarious that people are freaking out over Ebola in NA. This is no different than every other big panic attack that happened in the last 20 years. Can't tell you how many f***ing times I heard 'Terrorists were seen spotted at school!' 'Sars will kill everyone!' 'H1N1 will infect everyone in our (pretty small) town!'. Every time I hear about this shit, I roll my eyes.

What you find serious, others find funny. Some of us also don't think it's as serious as most would like to think. You can't change it, and the only thing you can do is ignore it and move on. Everyone has a different view, a different sense of humor, and different ways of handling things.

Not the Muhammad part :C

Well people that joke about certain things like this are just sick minded and are brain dead. How the hell is it funny to take the piss out of something so serious? I just don't understand. People do this because they want to act cool, and impress others around them. When I was in school, I knew a lot of people that would mock and take the piss out of it.

I still hear people to this day in England, saying "Haha, at the jews getting gassed" Well, I mean what the f***, if you were their in WW1 & WW2 and witnessed this dreadful event in the history of the world, then they wouldn't mock it, because it was terrble what Hitler did. As for Ebola, it's a serious illness/diease. That many people are dying from all over the world.

But, then again you get people like this around the world today, ignorant, horrible assholes.

P.S: Sorry for my language.