Razer Headset's Durability?

Bow_In_Honor

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it seems fitting. Anyways, I'm going to be buying a new headset soon and I was interested in the Razer Kraken Pro's. My only concern about these are the durability, as I have never owned a Razer product before. Has anyone owned a pair of these that could give me a good insight into what to expect? And just for comparison, I owned a pair of Logitech G35's and they lasted for a couple years before the cord broke, and that was only because I ran over the cord all the time with my chair. Can I expect the same kind of durability from the Razer's as my G35's, or should I spend the extra money and get another pair of G35's?

For future tech discussion, this is a better forum http://fearless-assassins.com/forum/75-hardware-discussion/

I don't know much about razer headphones but I would expect any set to only last a couple of years if you run over the cord a lot.

I own many razer products and I do like them, but there are a lot of cheaper alternatives. :)

Razer just put insane prices on headsets and in my opinion they worth 2x less. I tried them before and they were like some cheap headset you could buy in a grocery store :P I would definatly suggest you to buy G35's again, I own G230 and the price/quality ratio is amazing. I bought them for half the price of Kraken's and they are 100 times better than them. Razer fans don't think I hate their products, I just don't like Razer headsets that's all ;)

For future tech discussion, this is a better forum http://fearless-assassins.com/forum/75-hardware-discussion/

I don't know much about razer headphones but I would expect any set to only last a couple of years if you run over the cord a lot.

I own many razer products and I do like them, but there are a lot of cheaper alternatives. :)

I actually was going to post this to hardware first but I thought it would be out of place because most of the topics on that forum are about GPU's and processors and such lol. Thanks for the information :)

Razer just put insane prices on headsets and in my opinion they worth 2x less. I tried them before and they were like some cheap headset you could buy in a grocery store :P I would definatly suggest you to buy G35's again, I own G230 and the price/quality ratio is amazing. I bought them for half the price of Kraken's and they are 100 times better than them. Razer fans don't think I hate their products, I just don't like Razer headsets that's all.

Hm. That's surprising to hear because I have heard a lot about their headsets being good quality audio, but lacking in durability. What model, or models have you tried from them?

Edited by Bow_In_Honor

Hm. That's surprising to hear because I have heard a lot about their headsets being good quality audio, but lacking in durability. What model, or models have you tried from them?

I tried Kraken's, the audio quality is not that bad but durability definatly i big -1. They just feel fragile.

I tried Kraken's, the audio quality is not that bad but durability definatly i big -1. They just feel fragile.

Okay, that's good to know. Thank you. :) My G35's definitely had a rugged feel to them, like they could take all sorts of abuse, and they did. :lol:

• Like 1