Inet solution.. Someone Help!!

Okay so my inet speed started to drop out of no where, all the way done to about 0.85 kb/s..  The IT guys came out and said everything was fin on their side., told me the stream was fine.  They replaced the router at which time, everything else in the house started getting perfect speed except for my pc..  So of course I went straight out and got a wireless card, a mid to upper mid card.  Plug it in, update the drivers, boom, same old slow issues. Changed network card, same thing.  Changed all the cat5 cables same thing.  Updated every driver there was, still the same speed.. Does anyone have any sort of idea what is going on here?

I added this pic from tonights test results.. I only have 1 meg upload and it works like a charm, but as you can see in the pic, something is not right..

post-10942-0-03014000-1412830312_thumb.png

Edited by Chameleon

I'd like to see an ookla speed test image if you can. More so out of curiosity but I have some thoughts. I run cable also.

• Like 1

That is odd for cable... I have a hunch about something though.

Is it possible to get your Tx and Rx power levels as well as your SNR (signal to noise ratio)? You can get it from your cable box, but it would be good to know the levels at your internet gateway if possible.
If you're totally confused if you can get me the model of your cablebox and internet gateway than I can hook you up with a tutorial.

And could it be possible that you're being throttled for "excessive usage"? (ie went over a data cap, or have been downloading torrents and/or large files as of late)

• Like 1

I'd like to see an ookla speed test image if you can. More so out of curiosity but I have some thoughts. I run cable also.

*coughs*

You might want to have a look at the image in the OP :)

• Like 1

*coughs*

You might want to have a look at the image in the OP :)

OP? Your going to embarasse me now aren't you :P

OP? Your going to embarasse me now aren't you :P

Original Post(er), depending on context xD in this case, have a look at the picture in the first post. It's a Screenshot of a list of tests from Ookla lol xD

Original Post(er), depending on context xD in this case, have a look at the picture in the first post. It's a Screenshot of a list of tests from Ookla lol xD

Ookla looks different to me than that. To me it looks like this. ( Just an image I found on the net ) Should of looked closer at the address bar :blink:

n3p7cj.png

• Like 1

Ookla looks different to me than that. To me it looks like this. ( Just an image I found on the net ) Should of looked closer at the address bar :blink:

Yeah, that's the main page where you actually do the test but you can see all your past test results by clicking on a link on that page :)

• Like 2

Alright, sorry for the long wait hehe..  Here is the deal..  For about 2 weeks, I was having speeds on average of about 2mb/s when I was supposed to be having 8. I always have an antivirus running and up to date, I have used malwarebytes, spybot, ran avg over and over.  The IT's and techs from my isp have been out here like 4 days in a row, they even made a new tap to run into my house, with no change in speeds.  The changed the modem for the third tims yesterday, and finally my laptop and my phone got back to normal speed, but my desktop still ran at 2mb/s.  After running rkill and combofix, I had decided that it must be in the software.

At this point I had remembered just the other day, I tried to update windows like 3 times, and each time after installing the updates, I got an error that said the updates could not be installed, and then it would revert back to previous status.

I should have at this point realized there was a software issue somewhere, but only thought of virus/spyware or something of that genre.  

So yesterday, I booted into safe mode with only network available, and ran the speed test with no other software really available, and boom, got normal speeds.

With no way (At least that I knew of) to find out what software (Which I believe was something in windows) was causing the issue, I decided my best recourse was to format my C: drive and start from the beginning.

After moving and saving all I could (My poor games could not be saved) I formatted and re-installed.

Upon finishing setup, before installing one piece of software, I ran the speed test at Ookla, and speeds were right on the mark, actually they were about 3 times faster than in the beginning.

I am unable to tell you exactly what software was causing the problem, though like I said, I felt like it was a windows issue, but I believe I have the problem fixed as of now.

If any of this makes sense, or any of you all have been through this, and have an understanding, I would very much appreciate if you could explain it to me. I am not very savvy in these matters, but would love to learn about my issue.

But in the mean time, thanks for all the help and the replies, I knew I could count on you guys!  <3