French French - Post your questions here

Ah, j'ai douté et choisi mauvais :(

Je sais que les sentences peuvent être plus simple, mais ça ce n'est pas pour le section d’apprentissage, hein :D

Merci beaucoup pour l'aide, j'ai des centaines de raisons pour améliorer mon français.

Ah, I doubted and chose bad :(

I know that awards may be simpler, but it's not for the learning section, eh: D

Thank you so much for the help, I have hundreds of reasons to improve my French.

For my own, some french player will correct me :

J'ai des doutes et je fais des erreurs

Je sais que les phrases peuvent être plus simple

Pour moi le reste est bon donc je change rien

:)

Edited by AnG3L
  • Like 1

Je sais que les phrases peuvent être plus simple

Pour moi le reste est bon donc je change rien

:)

Je sais que les phrases peuvent être plus simples

Pour moi le reste est bon donc je ne change rien

Je sais que les phrases peuvent être plus simples

Pour moi le reste est bon donc je ne change rien

Merde il faut que je retourne à l'école :):blush:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many silent letters, many rules :P If the last letter is a "e" or a "s" then it's silent most of the time

Example: in english, for the word "bottles" you pronounce the last "s", whereas you don't pronounce the "s" at the end of the word "bouteilles", same for most of the french plurals. 

Those are the most common cases of silent letters, for the rest I can't explain them all to you in one post but if you have a specific case in your mind you can always ask

Is there any specific rule regarding accents? Whenever i write something i almost never make any spelling mistakes, except for the accents, which i always mix up with one another.

The main rule regarding accents is that you can't use them before a double consonant (ex: "efficace" should be written "éfficace" according to its pronunciation but it's spelled like that cause of the double 'f'. It means "efficient" in english)

é is used for [e] sound (ex: a bit like the first e in "efficient")

è and ê are used for [ɛ] sound  (ex: a bit like the first e in "never")

• Like 2

It's a good thing that the F|Amily is running a social welfare program for the disadvantaged French. Seriously, anyone who's ever seen a French school from the inside knows what I mean. There's practically no way an average French teen can learn English, or any other foreign language, for that matter! 

(it's late, and I'm too lazy to translate this into French, so there you go French people, practice on this! :P )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

great idea for a fourm topic.  i JUST got my rosetta stone password for French.  Soooo my first question, and hopefully last in english.....are the french really rude to people who dont speak their language well, or is that JUST in Paris?  (sorry, just what i heard my whole life...never been to France and every french citizen i have met has beeen very nice,but speaks english...)

Hum ...

You can't say " The French are rude to " I mean , some French are rude ofc but not all of us :D

And a lot of french ( like me ) like foreigner

• Like 1