some tip needed

untitled

Hi ! I've just upgraded my win7 to win8.1 and downloaded the game again etc... I have the old etkey ( thanks to : Teacher :P ) so my exp and everything is saved. BUT it(ET) seems to have some "system" problem, i mean when i played on win 7 i didnt have any fps or monitor problems , and now the game seems lagging ( fps seem to be low ) but it shouldnt.. Im sure its not my fps or my net connection... Thats why im asking for tips :) It would be nice if some1 could help me :) 

Thanks  , unt!tled !

Before we tinker with that, I noticed there is a newer version of Catalyst for your graphics card, and the fact that you upgraded to Win8 slipped my mind. I have personally used this build (13.1) and confirm that it works as smooth as butter with all games.

Here is the link to download: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/legacy/13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_32_dd_ccc.exe

I remember there being graphics driver conflicts when I upgraded to Windows 8.1, so I suggest doing the following (which might be a pain to you, dunno)

1. Download the file
  2. Disconnect from the internet
  3. Uninstall your current driver and reboot
  4. Install the new version of Catalyst and reboot
  5. Reconnect to the internet

The reason for disconnecting from the internet is it literally just takes seconds for Windows to get some basic driver from Windows Update and plop that in there, and that's not what you want. ;)

• Like 1

Hi ! I've just upgraded my win7 to win8.1 and downloaded the game again etc... I have the old etkey ( thanks to : Teacher :P ) so my exp and everything is saved. BUT it(ET) seems to have some "system" problem, i mean when i played on win 7 i didnt have any fps or monitor problems , and now the game seems lagging ( fps seem to be low ) but it shouldnt.. Im sure its not my fps or my net connection... Thats why im asking for tips :) It would be nice if some1 could help me :) 

Thanks  , unt!tled !

Haven't seen that topic before. And np for previous help :P Good that the problem is already solved. 

• Like 1

1. Disconnect from the internet

Was pain in the you-know-where also when I first installed win8.1 drivers. To my knowledge Win keeps basic drivers in some system directory so I doubt how effective dc from net can be.  Though I stumbled on google to this solution: go to Control Panel\System and Security\System -> Advanced Settings "Hardware" and "Device installation settings" and disable any automatisation. No need to DC from net and Win8.1 doesn´t automatically install its own versions of drivers while you try to clean the old installations.

You can also extract the atioglxx.dll from ATI driver and put it in your main game directory where ET.exe is. That way you can have the latest gfx driver on your system but ET will use the version of the driver (atioglxx.dll) you have placed in ET folder. This file will be in an archive in your C:/AMD/support folder when the driver pack is written to disc before install. Its an archive so its atioglxx.dl_ and you need to unpack it and add the dll to the game directory. I have AMD and CCC version 14.4 on my win7 machine but the game is using the .dll from 13.1 and always will regardless of the main system version installed. I have tested way back to 12.1 and found that 13.1 is best. I can still use the current version by deleting the atioglxx.dll from the game directory.

Hope that made sense.   

• Like 1

You can also extract the atioglxx.dll from ATI driver and put it in your main game directory where ET.exe is. That way you can have the latest gfx driver on your system but ET will use the version of the driver (atioglxx.dll) you have placed in ET folder. This file will be in an archive in your C:/AMD/support folder when the driver pack is written to disc before install. Its an archive so its atioglxx.dl_ and you need to unpack it and add the dll to the game directory. I have AMD and CCC version 14.4 on my win7 machine but the game is using the .dll from 13.1 and always will regardless of the main system version installed. I have tested way back to 12.1 and found that 13.1 is best. I can still use the current version by deleting the atioglxx.dll from the game directory.

Hope that made sense.   

Well i dont rly speak chineese but thanks for the help mate . Hehehe Im kiddin ! Its fixed now so i hope there wont be any trouble , but ill take this advice :) TY

• Like 1