How you found F|A

Mr.Karizmatic

Well tell us about how you got to know about F|A and then who recruited/referred you ..

Well when i used to play et befre 2 yrs back i sort of checked on Gametracker who is the top server in ET and found F|A thought of checking it out and did played 2-3 weeks then stopped playing et cause of RL and then when i started back playing ET well my friend was playing on this server and then as i use to play befre i left thought of continuing here and exploid/swiss and blue asked me to join... :)

• Like 1

Pure chance to be honest..  I played ET when it was first released, and played for quite a few years, and then like with most people RL got in the way..  Then a couple years ago, I decided it was time to get some ET on, and I looked for a server with the best ping and most players..  I wasn't very good this time around, but loved the Silent server, and the community here on the forums.. So here I am today :D

• Like 1

Pure chance, tbh.

A few years back, I was server hopping, trying to find one that was worthwhile to keep playing on. Found Jay3 and kept returning. The perfect balance of both easy and hard targets, and I've always been a fan of fast shooting.

I noticed how the admins never abused, and kept the server clean of both cheaters and troublemakers. I joined the forums, and was amazed by the awesomeness of this community. Of course, then I had to move back to Japan, and I disappeared from ET and FA for awhile. :(

But when I came back to the US, the first thing I thought of was "I need to get my ET on", and came back to Jay3. Returning to both the servers and forums, after a few months I was referred by MaKy, Weetbix, and an old mate of mine, Annibal.

• Like 2

I did not found FA, FA found me...

...long time ago Dare Devil was traveling (as he use to do since he prefer to live in real world) and somebody showed him my photo (look at attachment) and he felt in love, so he began to look for me in Mexico, days after that he found me and he asked me to join, I refused him, then Joe and Rainier appeared and they hug me, between tears and some whispers(whispers that I didnt understood cause I didnt even knew english those days), well, at the end of the day they Dare, Joe and Rainier made me part of this FAmily, nobody knows it but I'm the 4th Co-Founder.

:D Believe it or not...

post-460-0-49390900-1410759061_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hmm, remember when I first started playing ET, some friends in my workshop classe was talking about how they spawncamped the spawn with flamethrower making people rage, so I tried the game out and fell in love. Started on the EarthQuake server (EQ2). If anyone remember it? with Chronos being topdog of the server. Played with the clans Agent, XERO and STA. Joined XERO under the leadership of Frazier (brought XERO clan back to life). And then I went abroad to USA so stopped playing for some years. And when I finally started again I asked my brother which server he used to play on, and that was LZ, so I joined LZ and played there, starting to get tired of jaymod so I searched for some othe rmod to play, started with ETpro, found Silent, futhermore I found FA Silent. But then real life came and I took a break. Came back, remembered I liked Silent mod alot, remember FA had a decent Silent server. And then 10 FA members asked me to join and my knees cracked under the pressure. Waiting for my aproval(?) of my application atm. And that is the 3 servers that have been my home through my ET career. 

So far I found it like Kiwis find sheep in tall grass, quite exciting :P . I'm pretty sure I discovered this wonderful community through Weet's Brother by being introduced to the game first and then browsing the servers. Considering my location and the option of playing local servers I can only say that the way things are run and done here there was no turning back. I'll take that 350 ping and still kick azz. I guess this all happened approx a year after F|A's birth. Not quite sure there. Referals..Hmm I'd have to go check the old app, Stabak and Joker are my first guess, maybe Chucken. Anyway I'll enhance the question by asking "Why stay" ? You guys of course!

Anyway. Luv

• Like 1

Was looking for a new NoQ server cuz the one I used to play on was about to shut down. As I had Jay1 or Jay2 in my favorites for some reason (must've joined of those by mistake) decided to check if F|A hadn't a noq server by any chance and found noq1. Applied almost 1 year later (SjaakTrekHaak referred me) and now here I am more than 4 years after I initially joined a F|A server for the first time :D

Edited by Kat0n

• Clan Friend

Back then (winter 2009) I played only in etpro servers, and I never played in 2.55 or jaymod.

I used splatterladder to find players or servers every now and then, and I noticed those servers always on top ^^ but I thought I needed 2.55 to play, and I was also used to servers with few players, so I never tried them.

Then, since some of the servers where I used to play died (and I also had a bit of skilldrop and loss of interest), I wanted to try jaymod a bit.

I also did a bit of rating (with another name) for a while, trackbase didn't exist yet, only sl. Since everyone played on FA I joined too, and I remember I thought things like 'omg there is a ton of vsays, it's so funny' :P and I played there more and more, even if they were the total opposite of the servers where I used to play before (or maybe because of that :D)

• Like 2

Well, I would often play on CoD4 Beginners. For a couple years I was playing on there, until one day at like 3 in the morning, Midnight told me that I should apply. So I came to the forums and whatnot at that point. 

And boy am I glad he did that. I really do enjoy coming on the forums and talking, and having a good time with friends on the servers, and mostly; Being a part of the =F|A=mily! :D

I plan on being here for quite some time ;)

I got lucky back in 2010 when I started on F/A....It was a purpose of life....Kev told me to join... so I did.

Just like meaning of life!

Elf

i found FA completely by chance about 5-6 years ago. i used to play on FOB servers then i stopped playing for about a year or so. then when i returned, FOB servers were basically dead. then i went to server browser and there was FA. clicked it and never server browsed again lol.

SaVaGe was the one that asked me to join. i probably would have never joined if it wasnt for him. or maybe Tipsy would have recruited me...?...

• Like 1

I think it was around 2009 after finding out an that an old clan server had died out that I needed to find a new server to stick with. Thats when I found the F|A EtPub. Stuck with it ever since!

Downloaded COD from app store.  Saw the word "beginners" in the server list and thought it would be a good place to start and just never left!  Tried out TS and met Amber, Norman and Vyder and they encouraged me to join the forums and apply.