ATI UPDATE, BUG + Blue Screen

turkoxp

Hi guys! i have the SAPPHIRE RAEDEO HD 7850 2gb OC, and when i want to upgrade de dravers from 13.9 to another my screen go crazy... turning off and then on with diferents bugs and things!

anyone can help me? i google and didn't work.. i already clean all the files from ATI and that thingsT_T!

anyone can help me? I attached the files with the bugs and my computer hardware! thanks =)!!!!

see ya !!

post-2790-0-86021600-1409370029_thumb.png

post-2790-0-61627300-1409370055_thumb.jpg

post-2790-0-78041700-1409370397_thumb.jpg

post-2790-0-52447700-1409370408_thumb.jpg

post-2790-0-00290500-1409370416_thumb.jpg

Edited by turkoxp

I´d suggest you to back up your data.

EDIT: does your PC meet the requiremeants:

NOTES

• When installing the AMD Catalyst Driver for Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
    • The AMD Catalyst 14.4 Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
    • The AMD Catalyst 14.4 Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all Catalyst packages.

With windows7 it shouldn´t be a problem but still: at Control Panel\System and Security\System-> "Advanced System settings" -> Hardware-> Device Installation settings, disable automatic device installation(if needed for some often used internalt USB devices for example you can allow it after successful graphics driver installation).

Then start driver setup, choose uninstalling and "remove ALL data from disk"(something like that).

If its done delete under C:\  the AMD folder. Go to Control Panel-> System-> Device settings and check if under "Display adapters" there are generic display drivers or AMDs. Anyways you can Uninstall the adapter if it shows HD7850 and windows should install some generic drivers. It should flicker, then reopen Device manager and check again, now it should show some generic display adapter. If it is then restart PC and check again, if its generic display adapter, then you can proceed with 14.4 or with some beta drivers. If it doesn´t work after 2 reinstallations then I´m out of ideas. Run Installation\Uninstallation as administrator, RMB click on icon, properties->compatibility "run as administrator". Anyways if 13.9 is stable driver and causes no problems I don´t even see a need for driver update.

I'm thinking that you did not provide sufficient power to your video card to support those settings. I would try (temporarily) turning down your OC to see if the artifacts change/disappear (if they have not already)

I would also try running WhoCrashed: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

It puts out an output similar to this:

On Mon 9/1/2014 9:43:29 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090114-32510-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0xB129C) 
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF880132D429C, 0xFFFFF8800A741A90, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. 
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.). 
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION