Problems with et

Sabby123

Incorrect. There is more than likely an underlying problem in your networking hardware and/or telephone/cable line, such as bridge tap, improper grounding, etc.

According to WinMTR, your router has 21 percent packet loss. Anything above 1-2 percent that early is very critical. You need new hardware of some sort, a new NIC, new LAN cable, different WLAN card, different router, etc.

Also, keep in mind that not every user on your ISP uses the same path. Your path shows packet loss to the DSLAM (if you're on DSL), DNS server, and one other for sure, once again pointing at an issue with your line.

Source: Line Technician for 2 years now.

Screenshot of a good internet connection WinMTR report: post-9897-0-58565600-1409308479_thumb.png

• Like 1

well i think Evilash will be as hes on the same router as me also mine is not through a phone line also i rang my isp they have done some checks changed some settings they have done all they can their end and everything is fine so what do i try now i will run winMtr again

Ah, I didn't know EvilAsh was on your connection. It would be interesting to see what his results are.

Is there is difference in connection medium, like Ethernet vs Wireless?

If Wireless:

• Does your connection sometimes go to "limited", forcing you to reconnect to the access point?
  • Does your router and/or card use MIMO (dual antennas)

The "No Response from host" is relatively normal, and is not concerning, but seeing packet loss as the first hop isn't good... If you have access to the Control Panel of your modem/router, posting your SNR, Attenuation and Power would be helpful, as well as things like "Link Train Issues, "Retrains in past 24 hours".

Either way this looks like a hardware issue, which is a saving grace but also a PITA to track down at times.

Ah, I didn't know EvilAsh was on your connection. It would be interesting to see what his results are.

Is there is difference in connection medium, like Ethernet vs Wireless?

If Wireless:

• Does your connection sometimes go to "limited", forcing you to reconnect to the access point?
  • Does your router and/or card use MIMO (dual antennas)

The "No Response from host" is relatively normal, and is not concerning, but seeing packet loss as the first hop isn't good... If you have access to the Control Panel of your modem/router, posting your SNR, Attenuation and Power would be helpful, as well as things like "Link Train Issues, "Retrains in past 24 hours".

Either way this looks like a hardware issue, which is a saving grace but also a PITA to track down at times.

I can run winmtr on Evilash aswell to see what he gets also im connected through wires dont use wireless and the other stuff you said havent a clue sorry i can access my modem if i can remember how lol

That much packet loss to your router while on wired just doesn't make any sense. *sighhh* Haven't had my coffee yet, so I'm going to bounce ideas around for other people:

• Router buffer is full
  • Bad firmware
  • Overheated router/NIC
  • Energy Saver somewhere
  • IP flood (SYN) protection
  • Fast Track is on instead of Interleaving? (But that shouldn't make a difference *to* the router, only past...

Do you know the model of your router (Like mine is XyZel PK5001z), should be shown on the bottom, and the model of your NIC? You can get that by going to Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing -> and then on the left side you should see "Change Adapter Settings", click on that, and your networking cards should be displayed by an icon, with the model info underneath (For example mine says: "Local Area Connection, Network Cable Unplugged, Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller")

Well I don't get it , but have you even tried to set cl_maxpacket100?  I had the same problem I lagged a bit ,  but then some1 told me to do that maybe it was Reallity  and it worked. I know there must be an even mor difficult problem its just a tip :) 

Do you have any other computer to check whether it is a fault caused by your computer or further problem.

Yes i have another pc and i ran winmtr on it and it had packet loss i will get Evilash to run winmtr again and i will post the results