$400 Gaming Computer - Grimm's Future Build

Mr. Grimm

Hey everyone! Day 15 of my adventure, it's been awhile since I've posted, so I guess the "daily post" is invalid.

Anyway, if you're like me, you spend most of your money on protein bars and Mountain Dew. You're probably not like me, though. But if you're tight on money and still looking for a decent gaming computer that will run ANY game on at least low graphics, try this build out. (This is going to be my future build, so I don't know how well it ACTUALLY works, but I've seen review for all of the parts)

CPU AMD FX 4300

RAM G. Skill(1X4GB) 1600

GPU SAPPHIRE Radeon R7 280X 2GB

MTHRBRD ASUS M5A78L-M

HDD Western Digital WD Blue 1TB

CASE NZXT Source 210

PSU Corsair CX 500

This is a base build, by the way. You can change whatever you'd like. For instance, I already know I'm swapping out the 1TB HDD for a 500GB, and swapping 4GB of RAM for 8GB. Play around with it and tell me what you guys think!

~Mr. Grimm, The Grimm Train

Edited by Mr. Grimm

I'd throw an fx 6300 same gaming performance but better multi thread processing and better memory intensive application handeling :) also a better match with the gfx

I'd throw an fx 6300 same gaming performance but better multi thread processing and better memory intensive application handeling :) also a better match with the gfx

I might do that, but I'd like to stay around $400. The whole point of the system is a budget gaming PC, but thanks for the feedback!! If I have enough money, I'll probably go with that instead, anyway.

Ummm ... you have your Graphics card as an R7 280x ? first off the 280x is an R9 series not R7, and the cheapest SAPPHIRE one you're gonna find NEW is about $280. LINK

Add a CPU, a Motherboard, a PSU, a Case, a HDD, RAM, an OS (windows) and ... well you can kiss that $400 price point goodbye  :lol:

Honestly you're looking at more like the $750 + type of builds I posted here ... http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/62525-q-a-can-i-build-a-decent-gaming-rig-for-750-1000-why-yes-you-can/ 

I might do that, but I'd like to stay around $400. The whole point of the system is a budget gaming PC, but thanks for the feedback!! If I have enough money, I'll probably go with that instead, anyway.

they equaly priced ... atleast the last time I checked

First of all this topic fits better in Hardware hangout. I´m also inclined to think its more 750$+ build. Though today I played around with parts and found that one can build decent PC for even 350€. If parts are sold for the same amount of dollars in US, as they usally are, then its doable:

H81 mobo

G3258 CPU

4GB ram- can squeeze 8GB in but can alway be bought afterwards

Fortron\Chieftec 450W PSU or similar reliable PSU.

Zalman T3 mini tower or similar

R9 260x GPU

The best part is that with good mobo\CPU and a bit of tweaking one can OC it to 4.5Ghz which puts it on bar with best i3. But can get low-mid settings on newer games, which is enough in my opinion as you wouldn´t notice details anyways while defending off hordes of aliens in Crysis 3;)

Edit: forgot about HDD, some good deal on 500GB HDD should fit in the budget. Can always get extra SSD afterwards for OS.

• Like 1