Vix's New Wheels

LeftWingVixen

Hello all!

Just wanted to share my exciting new set of (small) wheels I got. :)

I've ALWAYS driven Volkswagens that have been older and paid off, but I felt a change was needed to trade a cheap car payment for hefty German-parts-repair-costs.

Although I will always have VW in my heart, I felt a change was needed.

I traded my 2000 V6 VW Passat (his name was Bradley, or 'Brad') and got a 2014 Chevy Spark (named La Roux!).

Now I'm sure some of you are laughing at the size, but it has 31/39 MPG as well as just enough space to carry 4 adults without being overwhelmingly big.

I have made a few slight adjustments when I got Roux such as not advertising the dealership as well as a lovely decal. .. And maybe a very 'pride'-ful air freshener. ;)

It's good to be back in a manual as well.

What do you guys think?!

P.S.: Both Raskin and Butters were wrong. It is neither purple nor black. Bend over and pay up! :P

post-13388-0-08675100-1408422862_thumb.jpgpost-13388-0-11296500-1408422894_thumb.jpgpost-13388-0-48215200-1408422914_thumb.jpgpost-13388-0-15120300-1408422947_thumb.jpgpost-13388-0-71538600-1408422969_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

:spank:sorry:tool:lol_3:

Okay, I'm done. Not a fan of the spark personally, but if you like it, that's what matters! I'll stick to my Japanese cars for now! Hope you enjoy it for the next however long you have it!

• Like 1

Soooooooo, around 150k miles? ;) That's about what I got on my last Chevy that died of natural causes (transmission went out) or you can count the 2012 Impala my ex just totaled last week that was half mine and had 50k miles XD

It's your ride, you like it and thats what matters! :D

Japanese > German > American ;) Ill take my Nissan over a VW any day, and it's far cheaper to repair!

• Like 1

That Oregon love sticker is the sign of every girl ever in Oregon... Bleck! Good job keeping it off this one.

It's pretty I like it! Be a nice person and don't pull all the way into your parking spots so I don't get deceived driving looking for a spot! :P

• Like 2

CHevy Spark is a good car. My sister has that and it holds up pretty well. If you ever are looking for a car that lasts forever, go for a Hyundai Elantra. My brother is using a 2001 model with 335k miles on it and it is still driving.

• Like 1

I just take pics of my Volvo kilometre indicator what show 355 555 km :) Its leak little bit oil from drive saft stefa (oil seal) and friday there was error of sylinter and its almost leave me in road but uncle fix problem and Volvo running as before. I love my Volvo v40 after so many kilometres all working well, i have air conditioning and speed cruise control, all extra what i need to my car :)

Vix i like you new car, its very nice, Congrats and Enjoy your car, i think too that German makes best cars, Im Big Opel fan, i like Audi too and VW is good too, Mercedes make beautiful cars too. i not big fan of BMW but they make good cars also.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!!

I mainly picked the Spark because I don't need much as a driver other than good mileage and a unique look.

I can still fit people in it, since it does have four doors, but other than groceries, I don't carry much of anyone or anything. :P

• Like 1

Vix, nice wheels, even though I'm not much of a colour red lover, it looks cute on your car :D

• Like 1

@Angel: Thank you!!

@Boss: I would save more money on gas with Fords - they only run half the time! ;)

@Trust: Niice! I almost got a Golf once, but I needed the HP for moving states so I got my Passat. Love the Beast, though!

• Like 1