Missing, dead woman lived near me and ...

Ol Smoke

Jennifer Huston, who killed herself during an eight day search for her, lived about 15 miles NE from me.  I didn't know her.

But the couple that found her, I do know.  We have friends who live up in  Gopher Valley and when we visit them, the Clemmer's would come over and

visit.  I have driven past that road a hundred times.  Vern Clemmer told our friends yesterday that

he was going to go up that road that week, but changed his mind.  There is a lot of deer poaching in that area, and he checks it from time to time.

Gopher Valley is about 15 miles south of where I live.

They are quite shaken up over this ordeal.

Oregon has always been such a quiet state, but, in that last few years we are having more and more murders here.

The Mexican cartel is really big here and we see some of that stuff going on around our area.  So Vern said, when he

smelled the decay of something dead, he decided not to go up that road the day they found her.  He went home and

called the police.  He didn't know if it was a dead deer or what.  A few years ago the police found a body up in that area.

That was never solved.

• Like 1

You and I don't live far from each other Smoke.  I live just north in SW Washington. Sad story. I know what you mean.  Lived here all my life and I am amazed at how things have changed over the years, especially in the last 10.  Never know what to expect.

• Like 1