Left4Dead 2 Gaming Server

daredevil

• Leader

There should be a way to see all dedicated steam group servers. I will look into it later this week. I know I was having an issue because of wifi connection.

This was normal when I last played it several years ago.  My then-clan's server would show up in a list and you did not need a console-connect or be a member, etc.  Anybody could join.  

I haven't played in so long that Steam wants to download about 12GB before playing L4D2, which I guess is a whole new install, or I didn't get Steam copied over to this computer properly or ??

This was normal when I last played it several years ago.  My then-clan's server would show up in a list and you did not need a console-connect or be a member, etc.  Anybody could join.  

I haven't played in so long that Steam wants to download about 12GB before playing L4D2, which I guess is a whole new install, or I didn't get Steam copied over to this computer properly or ??

No I believe the updated some bugs and there seems to be a prior dl for DLC's. Not too sure on the last, but I have three DLC folders in my directory.

I found the serve list don't know how I did it but I did

After we get the server fully functional, we will work on tutorials and threads for L4D2.

• Leader

This is new feature, (for me :) ):   Steam Family Library Sharing

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

Share your computer?   Now share your games too.
Steam Family Library Sharing allows family members and their guests to play one another's games while earning their own Steam achievements and saving their own game progress to the Steam Cloud. It's all enabled by authorizing shared computers and users.

This is new feature, (for me :) ):   Steam Family Library Sharing

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

Share your computer?   Now share your games too.

Steam Family Library Sharing allows family members and their guests to play one another's games while earning their own Steam achievements and saving their own game progress to the Steam Cloud. It's all enabled by authorizing shared computers and users.

Wow that sounds pretty amazing!  Is this something new or something that has been around for a while? It's the first time I have heard of it..

• Leader

Wow that sounds pretty amazing!  Is this something new or something that has been around for a while? It's the first time I have heard of it..

I learned of it today, just before posting it here!   :)

I think that there was a Beta version in January of this year.  Here is a how-to article from March on MaximumPC, where they say that it is available to all:  http://www.maximumpc.com/how_share_steam_games_2014  A March article could be a little out-dated in the details.

There should be a way to see all dedicated steam group servers. I will look into it later this week. I know I was having an issue because of wifi connection.

Well u need know our group id, and add it at server.cfg

sv_steamgroup "5088811" // u can add how many u want feel free to add my group with 4k+ members 5088811

PS:

ask DD or crasher id from our group.

You can use official steam groups id l4d2  31572,554109,554111, and from others games like tf2 group id 964095 dota2 cs:go etc.

L4d (1) 1280631

to add multiple groups do it.

sv_steamgroup "fa Group id,5088811,31572,554109,554111,964095,1280631"

http://left6dead.webs.com/downloads/Steam_Group_Lists.html

and this site convert any group link to id http://w4.ezin.cz/convertor/

edit* im installing a hometest server so i can say exactly how to do, because i read something multiple id's not working anymore...

PS: About connect to server just follow this link

steam://connect/108.61.21.94:27010/
Edited by Narug0
108.61.21.94:27010
  • Like 1

versus mode is the best :) with 10 x 10 so cool

Yes. This is what the config I designed will have. 10 vs. 10. Stronger tanks and boomers, longer smoker strikes and weaker chargers & witches. There will be much tweaking as we go along, and I really appreciate everyone's patience as I try to work out my personal life with the gaming one.

Well u need know our group id, and add it at server.cfg

sv_steamgroup "5088811" // u can add how many u want feel free to add my group with 4k+ members 5088811

PS:

ask DD or crasher id from our group.

You can use official steam groups id l4d2  31572,554109,554111, and from others games like tf2 group id 964095 dota2 cs:go etc.

L4d (1) 1280631

to add multiple groups do it.

sv_steamgroup "fa Group id,5088811,31572,554109,554111,964095,1280631"

http://left6dead.webs.com/downloads/Steam_Group_Lists.html

and this site convert any group link to id http://w4.ezin.cz/convertor/

edit* im installing a hometest server so i can say exactly how to do, because i read something multiple id's not working anymore...

PS: About connect to server just follow this link

steam://connect/108.61.21.94:27010/

This is fantastic, but I have yet to be provided with our steam ID, although I've asked multiple times. :(

What you mean by steam iD? 

When you create a Steam group ir gives you an id, like a number. Only the admins of the steam group (IE Daredevil and or Crasher) have access to this id. This id I have to put in the config so people can be directed to our steam group page and also is needed to list our server as a Steam Dedicated Group Server.

It should be just above your Abbreviation under the group profile on steam.

See image for location:

post-8873-0-67553200-1407865769_thumb.gif

I've played on the server a couple of times in an attempt to learn the game and maps.  I usually have to wait on someone to come in that knows what to do and I just follow them around. Needless to say I'm not very good.

:3 You will get better.

It's basically just a pointy shooty die things die game.

With only bots it sucks a little bit because the bots aren't very good at doing their job. <_<  I want to play this game more because it can be really fun. I added a tutorial for you L4D newbs on how to add skins and neat graphics to your game. ^.^

Once everything gets going and we get a good crowd of players it should be really fun.

• Like 2