New Intel Haswell E-Core i7 CPUs

rabbit

Came across this site today and saw these. I'll definitely be getting my hands on one of these bad boys along some DDR4 RAM sticks. What about you guys?

http://wccftech.com/intel-haswelle-core-i7-5960x-core-i7-5930k-core-i7-5820k-specifications-unveiled-flagship-8-core-boost-33-ghz/

Intel-Haswell-E-Core-i7-5960X-635x356.pn

First 8 core desktop processor I think not. That title goes to AMD's FX series.

They mean, First Intel 8-Core CPU, since it's a picture/banner from Intel. :)

What Motafied said.It's about time that they implemented full 8 cores. I hated HT besides,  It's going to be a huge improvement from my FX 8350. Can't wait!

• Leader

What is that in the bottom left corner of the pic:

"Under embargo until March 19, 2014 5PM PT." ?

Does that mean this Intel picture could not be released to the public until after that time in March of this year?

ADDED:  It looks like that is a common practice:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_embargo

Edited by RedBaird

What is that in the bottom left corner of the pic:

"Under embargo until March 19, 2014 5PM PT." ?

Does that mean this Intel picture could not be released to the public until after that time in March of this year?

ADDED:  It looks like that is a common practice:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_embargo

Clearly an attempt from AMD to disallow the purchasing of these CPUs. Can't be anything else

Well I've decided to still get the 4790k and the Asus Z79A. I've never been the one to purchase the first model of anything, and here you'd have to purchase a first model CPU, a motherboard, and the DDR4 Ram that goes with it. Speaking of the RAM, we've had DDR3 since 2007 and DDR5 on GPU's since 2008. Why have we not seen DDR4 or DDR5 on Motherboards by now? It's simple, because RAM speed for general CPU calculations is not all that important, however it is highly important when dealing with graphics. 

Well I've decided to still get the 4790k and the Asus Z79A. I've never been the one to purchase the first model of anything, and here you'd have to purchase a first model CPU, a motherboard, and the DDR4 Ram that goes with it. Speaking of the RAM, we've had DDR3 since 2007 and DDR5 on GPU's since 2008. Why have we not seen DDR4 or DDR5 on Motherboards by now? It's simple, because RAM speed for general CPU calculations is not all that important, however it is highly important when dealing with graphics. 

GDDR5 on videocards is not the same as DDR5 RAM for your motherboard. :)

Edited by Motafied!

I thought DDR5 ram didn't even exist yet as ddr4 is on he horizon. BTW GDDR5/GDDR4 is a derivative of DDR3 ram. Its pretty great that Intel is making the first ddr4 supported CPU, Intel is always the first to hop. :)

• Like 1

8 physical cores with hyperthreading....... That's 16 cores guys 0_0

The one thing I am somewhat disappointed in is that it's LGA 2011 and not LGA 1150. I feel like you force a lot of people to buy more than one product to use another product (which I understand is necessary to run this hardware, they aren't doing so because they feel like it), and in all actuality I just wanted the CPU. Maybe one day (another 5 years from now probably haha) I'll upgrade to one of these. 

• Administrators

I am getting a cherry picked 5960x from my good buddy Mark from Intel......... for free. That means that $1000+ bucks can be spent on some sweet sweet watercooling.

• Like 1

I am getting a cherry picked 5960x from my good buddy Mark from Intel......... for free. That means that $1000+ bucks can be spent on some sweet sweet watercooling.

You get outta here with that talk! :(

Maybe one day when I can afford two Titan blacks I will get one of these to go with it. Until then I will stick with my 660ti and my i5 3570k...

• Administrators

You get outta here with that talk! :(

Maybe one day when I can afford two Titan blacks I will get one of these to go with it. Until then I will stick with my 660ti and my i5 3570k...

I only got 2x 780ti's :(

• Like 1

• Leader

I only got 2x 780ti's :(

That is the most ironic comment & emoticon combination that I have ever seen here!  :)

• Like 1