• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Scambaiting, anyone?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Ackmey

Ackmey

L4: Apprentice

• User
  • 405 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Admin:11
Assuming you're someone familiar with the 419 scam - you know those emails claiming: "One of your long distant relatives has died, there is 3.4 million dollars waiting to be transferred you your account!" Or, "I'm suffering from a grave illness please help me!!!"

Well, head here to 419eater.com. Fun fun for everyone! (Except the scammers!) :twisted:

I just set up a gmail account specifically for scambaiting, and after 3 posts in 3 guestbooks around the 'net, and two hours of waiting, I got two emails telling me I've got millions of dollars just waiting around the corner... let's see how long I can make them think I'll pay up for "setting up accounts" and "transferring the money to me". :D

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

thundercunt

thundercunt

L420: The Honorable

• Honored Veteran
  • 1,812 posts
Getting Better
  • Admin:20
  • Server:BF3
  • Alias:THl_lNDERCl_lNT
uhhh why even do this? playing the game is so much more fun.

Ackmey

Ackmey

• User
  • 405 posts
Unknown at this point
Yeah, I guess... but wasting scammers' time is fun too. :D

thundercunt

thundercunt

L420: The Honorable

• Honored Veteran
  • 1,812 posts
Getting Better
  • Admin:20
  • Server:BF3
  • Alias:THl_lNDERCl_lNT
Yeah but seems kind of dangerous linking yourself in any way to a scam. One day the FBI will come knocking at your door... lol ;)

SkuLLc0LLector

SkuLLc0LLector

L11: Assassin

• Regular User
  • 6,683 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Server:None
  • Alias:Skully
lol sounds like northon
Spoiler
virus

Ackmey

Ackmey

• User
  • 405 posts
Unknown at this point

Yeah but seems kind of dangerous linking yourself in any way to a scam. One day the FBI will come knocking at your door... lol ;)

It's not illegal, or morally wrong, as far as I'm concerned... they wanna steal my money, so I mess with them a lil'. 8-)

@ skull - you mean norton?

JoeDirt

JoeDirt

L11: Assassin

• Administrators
  • 5,290 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:21
  • Server:None
419eater.com owns

PHANTASM

PHANTASM

L8: Grand Teacher

• Regular User
  • 1,963 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:XIII
  • Server:Jay2
Contributor
I used to do this. Write back and tell them you are very excited but you need some more details. Make them get creative and have a laugh at what crap they send you. Tell them you want the family photos your uncle in Nigeria left behind, or you have the "tax payment" they want all ready to send but you need his birth certificate. It's fun.

Ackmey

Ackmey

• User
  • 405 posts
Unknown at this point
Heheh, one guy sent me a western union form, with a big "FAKE" waterstamp in the background. He told me it was because then, scammers wouldn't be interested in using it. xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users