Mustang restoration

Pvt. Parts

Hello everyone if you have seen my application you would have saw that i am doing a car restoration for my senior project and wanted to do a mustang. I originally wanted to do a 1969 fastback but i have a friend who does this for a living and he said doing that car would cost a minimum of 25k for a good job. He then said that doing a late 90s or early 2000s would be better and way cheaper to repair. Now i was looking at a 2004 mustang gt and i personally do not like the interior much but love the look of the body. I was wondering if anyone who knows anything about cars or has done a project like this if it would be a good idea to buy the 04 and do mostly interior work to make it more "modern" or buy an 05 with an interior i like and do mostly body/engine work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Engine work is always more gratifying to me. 

Are you dead set on the Mustang? Depending on your likes, an older Corolla (AE86, mmmm) or Integra (my first car was a '91) may be fun.