car

God

seriously i do not understand how "normal" people live

My car's in to get some valves replaced for 3 days so the local Saab peeps fixed me a hire car... Got a brand new (34 miles on clock when I picked it up) Vauxhall Astra 1.8 Sri today........................ Oh my God!

It's absolutely awful. It's slow, there's no heated seats, there's no leather interior, there's no turbo, no parking sensors, no climate control/AC, it's made of plastic, there's no cup holder, there's no arm rest, the headrests arn't even usable as headrests unless you drive looking down, the steering wheel is tiny, the speakers are a pile of shit, there's no space, it's hard to understand, it's uneconomical and ..... eugh. It's terrible.

I finally understand the true meaning of Saab's advertising when it says A True Driving Experience...... Turn the steering wheel in this pile of shit and it corners, there's no control, you feel nothing, it just turns. I finally understand why, out of almost everyone I know, I'm the only one that actually enjoys the commute to my office and back in morning/night.

After the 12-15 seconds it takes to get to 60mph, you finally realise that this is it... Put your foot down and to go any faster it's going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG wait before you actually speed up.

I'm much more used to a car where 0-60mph takes 6 seconds, and after reaching 70mph, I can put my foot down and within a further 2-3 seconds be doing 100mph to safely overtake something.

Aside from everything above, Sports mode is more like Slightly-Touch-Throttle-To-Rev-Alot-But-Go-Nowhere-Fast mode - Really don't see the point in it whatsoever. And when I got out of the car tonight... It beeped at me!!! The lights don't even turn themselves on/off automatically, what the f*** is this?!

Never ever going to look away from Saab's range from now on, finally fallen in love with my car :X

Indeed... Officially blacklisted American, German, and now British carmakers (apart from Aston Martin!). Having owned a Merc CLK and driving a new BMW 5-Series in the past and thought them to be awful, they blacklisted German cars... American, well, Fords just suck ass we all know that. Now Vauxhall have let me down (not that I ever had high hopes of them).

Next car is most definitely a 2010 model 9-5.

Well that's exactly what it was!

Saab even cleaned my car, updated onboard computer software, tweaked the gearbox a little on top of the valve replacement - All for free. Amazing service tbh