SiD's Steam Giveaway!

SiD

Yo!

Bored. Got steam stuff. You like? Cool.

I buy a ton of bundles. It usually gets me stuck with a lot of duplicate keys for games. I usually toss these dupes onto accounts for cards and let them die out. Well I have no use for these accounts and thought that there may be someone that could put them to better use. 

This first contest is basically the tester. To see how it goes and to see if I can maybe throw together something a little bigger for you guys.

It's a fairly simple contest to boot!

Requirements:

Post a funny screenshot from your favourite game. One screenshot only, so make it count!

Tell me what gaming means to you.

At the end, I'll pick my top three and have a community vote. 

Prizes:

First Place: A Starter Steam Account with 10 indie games! (now 16!)

Cargo Commander

Deadly Premonition Director's Cut

Interstellar Marines

Legendary

Ravensword: Shadowlands

Rush Bros

Takedown: Red Sabre

Two brothers

Vanguard princess

Velvet Assassin

Added 4 more games!

Into the Dark

Toki Tori 2

Strategic War in Europe

Cognition: Episode 1

Sweet lily Dreams

Paradigm Shift

2nd Place: 3 Random Steam Keys!

3rd Place: 1 Random Steam Key!

This Contest is open to everyone, in FA or not. So feel free to get your friends on server to participate!

**Note** Most of these games are PC only. 

Runs until August 1st!

Edited by SiD
  • Like 6

I love the idea SiD! Here's my submission:

First the explanation of what gaming means to me: Most of you can probably tell that I'm a 5-year-old at heart. I like that about myself. Being 5 is great---no responsibilities, no unhappiness, all of your friends and family around you at every moment of the day...... I just need to feel that young, especially at this time in my life. Some of you probably know that I'm a college student. I like it except for a few things---I live 6 hours from home, the work (as much as I like the material and how rewarding it is) next to kills me, and I feel as though many of my friends there don't have the connection with me that I do with my friends from home. Combine all of that and you get a pretty confused ronaldunit. But there's more: I'm a rising junior. As cool as it is to be an upperclassman, I am scared to death of what comes after. Sure, there may be a few more years of grad school, but what then? I like to tell myself that I'll get a good job, marry the woman of my dreams, and live a long and fruitful life, but I just can't shake the terror that is the unknown. And so I hide from it. In my childhood. In games. 

When I play video games, I forget about everything else----I am in the zone. I feel as though it's just me and you all and the game. I'm hiding from an enemy team that lurks just around the next corner----I'm piloting an F16, chasing my prey on the skyline of New York----I'm in a high speed chase with an entire police force because I robbed a bank, and I'm about to get away-----I'm scouring the deep and dense jungles looking for a single ancient relic that could save the Earth and its inhabitants from utter annihilation............ How do I have time to worry? Meanwhile I am making friends with you all----people that I'll likely never meet face-to-face, but people that are special in my life regardless. When you all are happy or sad, I like to think that I share in your joy or discomfort. We are bound by keystrokes and the steady click of the mouse, and while others may look down upon us and feel ashamed, who are they to deny us happiness? 

In the end, gaming means different things to all of us; some of us can recognize the meaning, others think it's just for pleasure. But I know. I know that it does give me a sense of satisfaction, relief, joy, and sooooo many other emotions that none of us really consider until it's too late----until we grow up. In my mind, I will forever be 5, and every F|Amily needs a loving 5 year old! 

<3 you guys, thanks for all of the memories so far. 

As promised, here is my SS (it's not the best, but hey! I think Speed might get a kick out of it :D )

2qk4g2r.jpg

• Like 3

Finished! I created an underground House in your Minecraft Server.

2014-06-28_02.10.17.png

Big thanks to Valmir for helping me out clearing almost 21600 blocks.

SuperSniperGuy and gaming:

I've been gaming since I was about 4 years old. I believe gaming helps you focus or develop certain aspects of your mind while solving puzzles, or doing complicated tasks. Fun and creativity combined keeps the human brain healthy. Also, to me it's all about dedication. Once I set my sights on something I make it happen, as in real life. If it means building an underground "House" for about six hours in a row just for funzies, I'm the first to do it. But I'm gonna stop right here with this blablabla because I haven't been to the mens room for about 8 hours now and I really have to pee. Cheers.

Edited by SuperSniperGuy
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Givin' this a bump as it's halfway through the month!

I added 4 more games to the account:

Into the Dark

Toki Tori 2

Strategic War in Europe

Cognition: Episode 1

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Aight. So this contest sucked ass.

I'm working on something better and hopefully something that will draw more attention. Winners have been PMed.

• Like 1