FPS problem

DeathBringer*

Yo.

So i get huge fps drops and i dont know why and it's making me really mad cuz i can't play et like i want to....

I always had stable 125 fps on all maps, my computer is good enough for that, but lately my fps drops on every map sometimes down to 60 or even 40. My computer was really full so i decided to format it, but it's the same... The computer runs very good in general so idk wtf is going on. I mean i dont understand it.... It was always stable 125...

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thank you in advance!

pce

Edited by DeathBringer*

An idea?!? Nope.. The field of probabilities regarding the source of your issue is extent. But you can try to locate the source in testing your pc. If you own another game, start by there.. Launch it and see if you get the same problem. If not, why not try benchmarking your pc with some well known softwares. You will know if it comes from your pc or ET settings.

If you remember when started this problem, try to check in the list of programs installed which one(s) who match this moment. Check also your AV and your firewall.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

Do you have an ATI card by chance? A somewhat newer one?

i have the HD 7870 and when i updated to newest drivers ET FPS dropped from 300+ down to 20-. so i had to uninstall drivers and find the one i used to have. but now i cant play the new Wolfenstein and BF3 keeps crashing on me -_-

• Like 1

i have the HD 7870 and when i updated to newest drivers ET FPS dropped from 300+ down to 20-. so i had to uninstall drivers and find the one i used to have. but now i cant play the new Wolfenstein and BF3 keeps crashing on me -_-

I can't bring myself to care enough to switch out my drivers xD

• Clan Friend

With radeon you must use r_primitives 2, unless your drivers are very old

As regards the fps drop, maybe you could monitor the cpu useage of all the applications while you run ET, with some tool that has an history graph for each process (stuff like process explorer or similar, I don't know the best tool for this).

After you get an fps drop, you can minimize and see if something had a peak in cpu usage

• Like 2

With radeon you must use r_primitives 2, unless your drivers are very old

As regards the fps drop, maybe you could monitor the cpu useage of all the applications while you run ET, with some tool that has an history graph for each process (stuff like process explorer or similar, I don't know the best tool for this).

After you get an fps drop, you can minimize and see if something had a peak in cpu usage

Thanks mate i changed r_primitives to 2 and now it works perfectlly... idk what the f*** that is but my r_primitives was 0

Anyway thanks!

• Like 3

Procexp and TaskSTRun are not bad to check all process, dlls, services,.. That's what I use. ;)

Almost forgotten that when I have had the similar issue, I had used Kernrate Viewer who really helped me a lot to find the source of my problem.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 2

i have the same issues when i updated my AMD drivers. so i'll try /r_primitives 2. but now im worried about the map change. i wouldnt think that i would need to do that command for every map....but if i do than it shall be done lol. i wanna play Wolfenstein: The New Order. i updated my drivers for that game since it crashed without updated drivers, but i couldnt play ET. so now i sacrificed W:TNO for ET lol.

• Clan Friend

i have the same issues when i updated my AMD drivers. so i'll try /r_primitives 2. but now im worried about the map change. 

you don't need to type it every map, doing it once will do

/seta r_primitives 2

is necessary starting from a specific version of Catalyst I don't remember

• Like 1