Pc hanging

Hello everyone plz help me guys my pc is hanging alot alot alot i cant play ET i cant do anythng on it i have format my pc like 1 month ago when i bought the new HD Drive 1TB seagate and blue screen appears and i have to restart the pc as u all know the blue screen of death on windows.... And everytime it hangs i have to wait for like 2-3 min or sometimes i have to restart after waiting for more then 5 min so help plz....

post-10974-0-71427100-1399957032_thumb.png

Go here: Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools on Windows Explorer, then search in "Event Viewer" for Critical Errors, if you see any crash related errors post SS or text here. Also you can search by the error codes in the google by yourself. But as it started after you bought new HD? I think its related to HD. Seagate had tools to check HD errors: http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

What model of Seagate do you have and what motherboard? It could be also SATA 2\3 related, maybe have to to set jumper on HD or set in BIOS hard drive settings(AHCI mode?)

ok i got this error 3_zpsf0a61859.png 

and all those big words gone off my head lol srry plz tell me in step wise  i suck at this hardware or computer inside problem.. or is it Windows problem i m OS problem like it might be corrupted or something???

cheers and thanks mate

@thundercats thx for the idea if this pc still have this prblm nd makes me piss then i shall probably do that 

Edited by Mr.Karizmatic

If you just did fresh install on OS couple of days ago and the BSOD started right away, it might be it didn´t install OS correctly...

Also give specs of mobo and HD: cpuid CPU-Z gives you full specs. And as you just bought Seagate 1TB you should be able to type its full name\model name from receipt?

• Like 1

10366211_776471219051424_875365687980821

sorry didnt understood this ...??

Also give specs of mobo and HD: cpuid CPU-Z gives you full specs...?????

sorry didnt understood this ...??

Also give specs of mobo and HD: cpuid CPU-Z gives you full specs...?????

He ask you for specifications from your Mother Board and Hard Drive, and CPU-z is a software.

Now press on the "Mainboard" buttone and take another SS;)

Thought this "Event viewer" message implies to OS problems, something with priveleges I guess.

I see you have:

Windows 7 32-bit SP1

I wonder if you are logged in as administrator or user

and if you have installed all Windows Updates(Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update "check for updates" button), you dont need to install all optional updates though?

Annibal showed me this software, it is good for analyzing BSODs.

I'd download, install and run it.

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

He can give it a try but as he didn´t get close to his "Event Viewer" I doubt if the program can access logs neither?

I´d suggest to see if the latest "Important updates" for Win7 have been installed.

Regarding your Event Viewer, Atl.dll might be damaged or missing. Dunno if it's the one who makes your system unstable but in order to get more infos with Event Viewer about what causing these hangs, we will try to repair this one first.

Step 1:

Click Start, and then click Run, type the following command, and then click OK:

Copy C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.tools.visualcplusplus.runtime-libraries_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_ff9986d7\atl.dll %windir%\system32\

Step 2:

Make sure the Microsoft .net Framework is turned on or turn it on in doing the following:

a.  Click start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.

b.  Click Turn Windows features on or off.

c.  Now select “Microsoft .net Framework 3.5.1".  You have to expand each component and check the ones you want. 

d.  Restart the computer.

Step3:

Perform a scan to check if there's any other system files damaged:

a. Click on the "Start" bouton

b. In the search box type "cmd"

c. Once Prompt Command" is listed first right click on it and run it with admin rights

d. In the Prompt Command write this "sfc /scannow". Don't stop the scan before its end even if it takes ages.

Now check if the issue is fixed with EV.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

when i do the step1 it says the system cannot find the specified path

After the scan i got this messages....

434343_zpscb67991f.png

Edited by Mr.Karizmatic

install and run Malwarebytes please: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Many system files damaged (atl.dll included) might be the result of a malware. If you repair your system but a malware is still present, all this will be useless. So first perform a full scan of your PC in case.

edit: run it in safe mode please.

Edited by Ann!b@l