How many MEN are actually on here????

Reallity

(insert potentially sexist remark in the form of a gif/meme)

regarding orphyn's picture, I imagine we all would be incredibly uncomfortable if I reversed the genders in that photo, making the new picture say, "women to the left because men are always right." Whereas some might have found the original image funny, it suddenly becomes politically incorrect and possibly even offensive when it is applied in the other direction. I'm not bringing this up to single out orphyn, but rather to point out that sexism goes both ways.

• Like 1

(insert potentially sexist remark in the form of a gif/meme)

regarding orphyn's picture, I imagine we all would be incredibly uncomfortable if I reversed the genders in that photo, making the new picture say, "women to the left because men are always right." Whereas some might have found the original image funny, it suddenly becomes politically incorrect and possibly even offensive when it is applied in the other direction. I'm not bringing this up to single out orphyn, but rather to point out that sexism goes both ways.

gtfo serious comments go in the other thread.
  • Like 1

gtfo serious comments go in the other thread.

I was expressing my opinion. If you don't like my opinion or the fact that I'm expressing my opinion, that's your problem.

• Like 1

It does go both ways! <3

Though, Sexism only has power when you give it power. ^^ I refuse to give it power and that is why this kind if friendly mocking doesn't offend me. If anyone gets that easily offended or uncomfortable then they should probably get off of the internet and lock themselves into a small like-minded gated community. I learned a long time ago that you just roll with the punches when it comes to this kind of behaviour. ^_^ Tough skin and stuffs!

Maybe it's a generation thing :/

• Like 3

It does go both ways! <3

Though, Sexism only has power when you give it power. ^^ I refuse to give it power and that is why this kind if friendly mocking doesn't offend me. If anyone gets that easily offended or uncomfortable then they should probably get off of the internet and lock themselves into a small like-minded gated community. I learned a long time ago that you just roll with the punches when it comes to this kind of behaviour. ^_^ Tough skin and stuffs!

Maybe it's a generation thing :/

Well said.