etlegacy problem connecting to silent servers

staticwarp

i can connect to the jaymod servers, but when i try to connect to any of the silent servers, the game crashes and brings up a browser window with the address fearless-assassin.com, which is obviously not our site. XD

anyone else experience this issue and found a fix?

Well according to ETLegacy, SilenT mod is indeed supported... http://dev.etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/wiki/Compatible_Mods and I've never had an issue connecting to a SilenT server with it... I would run our PK3 cleaner and see if it helps...?

Have you tried directly connecting to our silent servers by typing in /connect silent1.clan-fa.com, hc.clan-fa.com, fun1.cla-fa.com? Perhaps you have a redirect problem that is causing this...

with etlegacy i've tried /connect (ip) in console, and connecting through the server browser. i usually grab the ip off of splatterladder, which has worked for me in the past. i'll try /connect silent1.clan-fa.com and see what happens. :)

• 2 weeks later...

so i tried /connect silent1.clan-fa.com:27960 and had the same result. is there a way to pause or dump the console before the game crashes so i can see whats happening? almost missed gameday because of this silly problem. luckily i can connect to silent servers with etlegacy on my laptop, it's just slower with no gpu.

Im using etlegacy, since RC1, and it has never failed like the way you describe.

Indeed it doesent support etpro, and thats theonly time it does crash for me.

Try connecting this server and see if u can connect: http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=756394

thanks, i was able to connect to that server. i played for a bit, then disconnected and tried to connect to FA silent1, which i selected through the server browser this time. 

i got to the loading screen, the game started to load, then crashed again and opened chrome to the website fearless-assassin.com.

:(

you can set /logfile to 2 and then read etconsole.log, but if the game crashes totally you could lose the last entries in the log

i used /set logfile 2 and found the logfile. it looks like et scans my map directory and says that my maps aren't on the pure list, then execs etconfig.cfg. this is followed by:

Open URL: http://fearless-assassin.com/
----- CL_Shutdown -----
Sys_LoadDll(C:\Users\poonem face\Documents\WolfETL\silent\ui_mp_x86.dll)... succeeded
Sys_LoadDll(ui) found vmMain function at 4000DD10
^3theme file not found: ui/assets/themes/2/2.theme, using default settings
Total favourite servers restored: 0
Closing SDL audio device...
SDL audio device shut down.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
SDL input devices shut down.
-----------------------

full log can be found at http://pastebin.com/jn69a8UD

thanks for helping me look into this :) 

• Clan Friend

hmm...

those maps not in the pure list are not a problem, of course if you have lots of maps they don't belong necessarily to the server list but they are ignored.

do you have those pk3 files? (the ones listed where it says 'need paks:')

could be a download problem

edit:

I don't know what that '.pk3' (without filename) is... I can't check from this pc right now

Edited by SunLight

i don't have zz_silent81-0.6b.pk3. couldn't find it on google, any chance someone could upload it?

this may be it, because i'm pretty sure the loading screen freezes here before it crashes:

1. Need paks: @silent/~~~~~fa_v1.pk3@silent/~~~~~fa_v1.pk3@silent/~fearless_ssp_b1.pk3@silent/~fearless_ssp_b1.pk3@silent/zz_silent81-0.6b.pk3@silent/zz_silent81-0.6b.pk3@silent/silent-0.8.1.pk3@silent/silent-0.8.1.pk3@etmain/.pk3@etmain/
Edited by staticwarp

• 2 weeks later...

thanks to everyone for your help with this, i copied the missing paks from my other computer and i can now connect to fa silent servers. :)

strange that they wouldn't download automatically. i still don't get the fearless-assassin.com thing, that is really wierd.