ET Guid help

Cinnaben
Go to solution Solved by Ann!b@l,

Im trying to get my ET guid all set up but everytime i type condump myguid.txt in the console i go to the ETmain folder and the "myguid.txt" file isnt there. help :(

Does it show in console after inserting the \condump cinnabensGUID.txt command the line: "Dumped console text to file cinnabensGUID.txt"?

I didnt put my alias in the command only "condump guid.txt" could that be the problem? 

Also when i put in the command before that one "pb_myguid" it says something about punkbuster being disabled.

• Solution

Run ET with admin rights to allow him to write this file. Once you ticked "run as administrator" in properties of your game, launch ET, do \cl_guid and \condump CinnabenGUID. You're done.

in case your PB is disabled:

\pb_cl_enable

\pb_writecfg

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 2

If you still have problems after enabling admin, as Annibal has said, try eliminating the .txt and simply type /condump guid, it will still save, and when you open the file, you have the option of which program to use for viewing. This is how I have always done it, and have never had a problem.

To go further, and assuming you are on a windows PC, you can simply choose the option on the pop up window, to always use that program to open that kind of file :)

• Like 1