XP to WIN? Need upgrade, which to choose?

soulJAHmon

Not to get into an argument, but imo the 8.1 start menu button just takes up space, and is just a different shortcut like the 8.0 one.  8.1 does not have a *real* start menu, atleast like windows 

That's weird because when i got 8.1 the start button worked exactly like 7 

In the meantime, XP users looking for some of what the Start Menu brings to the table can right-click on the Windows logo in the lower-left corner, where the Start button used to be (and seemingly will be again in the future).

Right-clicking the Start button will give you easy access to handy things like your installed programs, Device Manager, Control Panel, File Explorer, the Command Prompt, and the System window. You can also shut down or restart from here, which is much easier than having to bring up the Charms bar. This menu isn’t as handy as the old Start Menu, but it is an improvement over the initial version of Windows 8, which foolishly tried to push desktop users to the Start screen for most of these tasks.

That's weird, cause I have an actual start button now hehe.. Just like win7

Hey SiD btw what all happened with the doc visit and all that?  (Not to hijack this thread or anything hehe )

No idea wth happened with that post lol...

The quote is from the article (published april 12 2014) I linked in my earlier thead. That's how to use the current start menu.

Apparently they're going to flesh it out later to look and feel more classic. (Hopefully by fall)

I enjoy Windows 8 more than I did when i first got it. I use Win 7 on the laptop and windows 8 on my gaming PC. It's weird getting used to no start menu at first, but once you get ued to it, it's a breeze.

If you want a classic start menu in the mean time, you can always install one.

EDIT: Phoenix could you take a SS of the menu for me? I haven't seen it yet. If it's already updated, that's pretty badass.

Oh. Right! nothing.. they didn't find anything with xrays, blood tests or ultrasound. On meds for reducing stomach acid atm. Told me to change diet for two weeks and see how it goes. if it gets worse to go back.

Edited by SiD the Vicious