Fan Error

n30cortex

You did not mentioned the brand and serie of your mother board. May I ask you which one it is. Updates sometimes correct some bugs and unstabilities. Plus, nowadays, the new UEFIs allow to update a BIOS easily. It's the case on my Asus board, and might be the case for yours. There's probably an option in your BIOS to load and apply this update. You only need an usb flash drive, the update of your BIOS downloaded, and possibly to download on the same page a program who will rename the file to be usable. This might really help you!

I have no idea what caused your first BIOS update to brick your mobo, but I have flashed the BIOS on hundreds of computers with no issue. Anni's way is very reliable, and I am certain it will not cause any problems.

Also, in the event that a BIOS flash does cause damage, you can manually reset/reflash it using the BIOS debug jumpers on your motherboard.

What is it with just answering the guys question instead of trying to hijack every thread on this forum.

Two things cause a fan to do this: 

1.  Loss of communication with bios.

2.  Defective fan.

Since nothing else has changed since the fan started doing this, then the bios setting for fan speed should be still set.

So I would look at the fan.  If the fan slowed down before, then the fan is probably the problem.  If you have another fan

just like the problem one, switch their connection on the MB and see if it works.  Now remember that if you connect a fan directly

to one of the 3 prong wires out of the PSupply it will always run at 100%.  A three wire fan connected to the MB on connector 1 or 2 will be controlled by the bios setting.

Some MB's have a connection for #3 or #4 fans, but these aren't controlled for speed.  Your bios will show how many fans that can be controlled.

So start there.  Then post again. I will see if I can help you.

Have you checked "Start manager". RMB click on clock area in desktop. Check the CPU bar and see if any process is taking up to 100%(System idle doesn´t count). It might be also some malware running the CPU and thus requiring the fan to cool the system.

Also I understand you changed the CPU fan but try to unplug\plug connections on your motherboard and use CMOS reset(resets BIOS to default factory settings), sometimes mobo just "goes crazy". All other parts working well? Voltages are not jumping?

alright. after finishing my work yesterday i bought a new motherboard and new RAM

Motherboard: Asus D9ZP-D8 WS

RAM: 8x 16GB :P

everything ok now haha. i just need to buy 2 new cpu's xd

Motherboard: Asus D9ZP-D8 WS

I guess you meant this one: Z9PE-D8 WS

RAM: 8x 16GB :P

8x2GB (16GB)*

With your sli of Titan you possess and had mentionned on server weeks ago, and the 2 processors (Xeon to not recall it) you're about to buy it sounds like a monster rig. May I ask what do you daily do with your pc? And if some pics of your pc to share with us?

i'll take a pic of it when i'm at home.

acuattly i'm using 8x 16gb :P

@Anni: jep. i think i was little bit tired while writing the post haha

the use of the pc:

rendering videos for shows like tomorrowland ("the book screen") and so on :D

idk yet what cpu i'm going to buy. but i need some monter cpu's :D

Edited by n30cortex

idk yet what cpu i'm going to buy. but i need some monter cpu's :D

No real choice at part the xeon processors for this mobo.. But the price for only one processor starts at around 200$ (145 euros) for the cheapest version until 2750$ (around 2000 euros) for the more expensive version.

thought about the Intel Xeon E7 (Westmere-EX)  :P

Same here there's various versions in this serie.. Will mostly depend the max price you want to put, if the consumption is important for you, performances, the num of cores, etc, etc..

http://ark.intel.com/products/codename/33175/westmere-ex