I need Help: Diagnose Ping Problem

Methuselah

Ever since my internet was restored my ping has been between 400-600. I know that in the house there was a switch that was replaced, not sure that has anything to do with my ping though. The other day I noticed in options that network connection type was set to unselected. Now I selected lan/cable/dsx or w/e it is and my ping went down to 55-120 after about 5-10 min. However today I entered game noticed my ping was high, so i went to see if network connection was set at lan/cable/dsx and it was not, the game did not save my settings. So i selected lan/cable/dsx but the problem didnt change. I noticed that every time i went to select network connection type it never saved it regardless of pressing apply or not. So now I cannot get the options to save my selection. Now I am not sure if that is the reason why my ping is high or not but I need help and would be grateful for help.

RAM: 0.99 gb

Motherboard: pavilion dv4000

CPU: intel® Pentium® M processor 1.73GHz

Hard drive (IDE, PATA, SATA, etc): DAC Internal

Graphics card: Intel graphics media accelerator driver for mobile

Wifi: enabled and cable.

Internet Speed: 709996140.png

Do you use router? : yes

Your location (country): u.s.a.

ET Version: 2.6

• Administrators

You get only 1.3Mb/s download from comcast?

Anyways back to topic. Ping going from 50 to 500 = client side internet issue. All I can say is closed down your application which consumes BW and also make sure you are on good router and wifi is not having any micro wave interference.

You get only 1.3Mb/s download from comcast?

Anyways back to topic. Ping going from 50 to 500 = client side internet issue. All I can say is closed down your application which consumes BW and also make sure you are on good router and wifi is not having any micro wave interference.

It settled down now, however I never figured out what caused the issue, I appreciate your help as always, now for future reference I have this information to help with diagnostics.