XFire Problem

ecLipse~

hi, so I have this problem with xfire. this only happens in ET. when I launch et and have xfire ingame, it covers my whole screen, then I FPS lag really badly. until the popup is gone.

Now I could just disable xfire ingame, but I want to be able to take ss, vids, and see who actually messaged me on xfire without minimizing all the time, and it started happening a few days ago. before that, it just used to show me who messaged me on the lower side of the screen with no lag and no problems.

I'm thinking its a directx issue, or idk... some help would be appreciated..

I don't play ET so can't help with the technical side of this. I can suggest that you try using Overwolf. It's a TS3 overlay that includes a screenshotter, screen recorder, XFire and of course TS3. I really enjoy it

I used to have this problem too. Can't remember what fixed it unless it was a reinstall or update for xfire.

Maybe try this which I found here:

Editing settings In-Game:

To edit your settings In-Game:

• Open Xfire In-Game (or just hit ScrLk+E as a shortcut)
  • Go to left hand corner and hit the pencil icon. This will take you into Xfire editing mode where you can move/minimize/resize/remove all the Xfire in game devices.

Note: just because you edit a setting in one game doesn't mean it will change that setting in another game, for example: changing a setting in COD4 will not change the same setting in another game like ET.

• Like 1

• Leader

If dashh12's nice tip does not work, you might try the old version again:

When I allowed xfire to upgrade my version, it left the old installation in Program Files in Vista64.  I can run it from there, or I could copy the shortcut to a new location and run it from there.

gallery_8926_650_163.jpg

When I test-ran this old version, xfire downloaded updates, so it is still supported.

I haven't tried draperion's Overwolf yet, as it looks New and Ominous!  :)

I used to have this problem too. Can't remember what fixed it unless it was a reinstall or update for xfire.

Maybe try this which I found here:

Editing settings In-Game:

To edit your settings In-Game:

• Open Xfire In-Game (or just hit ScrLk+E as a shortcut)
  • Go to left hand corner and hit the pencil icon. This will take you into Xfire editing mode where you can move/minimize/resize/remove all the Xfire in game devices.

Note: just because you edit a setting in one game doesn't mean it will change that setting in another game, for example: changing a setting in COD4 will not change the same setting in another game like ET.

Ok, I will try this. thanks

• 1 year later...

As ive noticed xfire is not on anymore. Site/service closed in Jun 15. Sorry for bumping such an old topic but maybe usefull.

Not really good to be bumping old topics, as there are several other topics notifying ppl for xfire status currently. Xfire is still up, only the site was shut down, as for the client, they only said "The Xfire client services will be terminated at any day or time in the very near future."

• Like 1

The Xfire client servers were shut down June 12 2015 and they are pursuing the name as a tournament platform. You can still open the client and access your friends and server list but you can't connect to the server so it's pretty much useless aside from copying over your server list ip's. 

Currently Xfire is allowing data migration to Evolve client. https://www.evolvehq.com/client I don't have much experience with the client but i hear it has more to offer than Xfire but uses more resources.

i cant even open this bullshit anymore..shits dead uninstalled....

Yeh the client has been down since around couple of days and we mostly switched towards Evolve, somewat similiar to xfire but they sitll have to add most of the stuffs on it.

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/72866-share-your-evolve-usernames/

https://www.evolvehq.com/