Ping??

tuppy

Hi my ping On the FA servers are normally 98-105 but today they have been 300 + on all FA servers . I was wondering why is this and what I need to do to fix it ?

Many Thanks

Could be many reasons why you're getting a higher ping. Check your internet connection on a site like http://www.speedtest.net/ just to see if you're getting the right amount of speed.

Check in the background (ctrl + alt + delete for task manager if you're on windows ) to see if anything is running. If you have windows update running in the back ground that can cause your internet to lag, or not work properly, check for any other program/application running as well.

Have you changed anything in your configuration for ET? Sometimes when I've changed my configuration, I had ping issues, reverted to a default, and had my ping back to normal.

Try those and let me know.

Edited by Tragic
  • Like 1

Thanks for your reply. Nothing has changed in my config. Done my speed test and I have 44 ping 25 dl and 5 upload.

My firewall is not preventing anything and it is only on the FA servers :(.

Thanks for your reply. Nothing has changed in my config. Done my speed test and I have 44 ping 25 dl and 5 upload.

My firewall is not preventing anything and it is only on the FA servers :(.

So it is fine on other non FA servers?

-in order to get more details about this problem, you may run a WinMTR (32,64). This tool will show us if it's a server or a client side issue. Also, read this: http://fearless-assassins.com/forum-11/announcement-9-how-to-recognize-your-lag/

-if there's no doubt, and it's server side, then report it in Tracker Section with your WinMTR analysis pasted on your post.

If it's not the case, then start with these solutions for now:

-some broken or junk files can create this kind of probs. To get rid of these files, download and run our Pk3 Cleaner: http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/374-enemy-territory-auto-pk3-cleaner/

-a huge amount of maps in your etmain can have the same effect. Try to get rid and to store in an isolated folder the maps unused in your etmain folder.

-a lack in the allocated RAM can also make lags. In the shortcut of your game add some commands at the end of the path of your game in order to increase it. Right click on the icon of the shortcut of your game, properties, shortcut tab, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +set com_hunkmegs 320 +set com_soundmegs 128 +set com_zonemegs 64

It should look like this:

post-7251-0-20124400-1394963104_thumb.png

Once it's done, to get fully the effect of these settings, connect yourself on one of our servers, and type all this in your console:

\com_hunkmegs 320

\com_soundmegs 128

\com_zonemegs 64

\vid_restart

Edited by Ann!b@l