• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

General movie making help plz

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Achiyan

Achiyan

Huge thanks to Vix. I love this!!!

• ET Member
  • 2,439 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Jay1
  • T-M:ET: 1-1

Donator

okay, i tried converting demos with Overwolf and Fraps (watch demos and record screen to make .avi files.) and then edit with Sony Vegas Pro. but, Overwolf wont record, says in game only, and Fraps has multiple issues like files are friggin huge. 13 minutes = 24+gigabytes. but of course i play 1920x1080 and also would prefer to record with as little lost data as possible. so if i play 1080p then i'd like you to watch 1080p. and the other problem i have with Fraps are my frame drops. i can go from 250fps and start recording with Fraps and drop to 29-41 frames....dafuq yo -_-

so basically guys, what programs do you use or what methods do you guys recommend?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

hobbit

hobbit

L10: Grand Master

• Regular User
  • 3,246 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:0
  • Server:None
  • Steam ID:pvtforrestgump
Contributor

Record demos, then use those to record .avi's (using cl_avidemo xxx, where xxx is the fps you want). Put those into Vegas, then VirtualDub, finally render in MeGUI. Best quality and smallest file size

Edited by hobbit, 12 March 2014 - 04:34 PM.

Achiyan

Achiyan

• ET Member
  • 2,439 posts
Has a brilliant future

Donator

Hobbit my man! thanks. so i play the demo and in console type /cl_avidemo 60? just a two digit reference on frames, or would that be like 060?

hobbit

hobbit

L10: Grand Master

• Regular User
  • 3,246 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:0
  • Steam ID:pvtforrestgump
Contributor

cl_avidemo 60 will work. The higher the fps, the higher the quality will be, but the longer the avi will render.

http://www.crossfire...making-tutorial

That's a good guide on programs and commands for quality, etc if you want to  maximize it all

Achiyan

Achiyan

• ET Member
  • 2,439 posts
Has a brilliant future

Donator

thanks man. seems like more work than i thought lol. well, nuthin to it but to do it :D

S3ti

S3ti

L4: Apprentice

• Regular User
  • 579 posts
Has a spectacular aura
  • Admin:4
Contributor

I think at crossfire.nu (already mentioned) you will find the best moviemaking tutorials.

You can also render online here by simply uploading your demo: http://www.igmdb.org

Works with all Q3-Engine games, tried it with a few demos a while ago.

Works pretty well with Quake demos:

With Jaymod demos the sound is getting async after a few minutes. Didn't contact an admin to look into,

maybe it's some bug, maybe it works better with other mods or shorter demos:

Downside is you can't configure much except resolution, fps and timestamps. Quality is so-so. You can only render at more than 30fps if you donate, but for a short clip for the lulz its quite useful imo. If you want to do a high quality movie with sound and editing this is of course no option.

Edited by S3ti, 12 March 2014 - 11:24 PM.

SunLight

SunLight

L11: Assassin

• Clan Friend
  • 5,093 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:10
  • Server:ETSW2
Contributor

if you want motion blur and other things you can also try image_et

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users