Settings change as administrator

Sponkala

When I start ET as administrator, I get headbobble (POV shakes 'realistically' when moving)

and bloodflash even though i've turned them off in options.

And my sensitivity changed the first time i started as administrator but I just changed it back to my normal sens.

But if I start ET normally i dont have any of these problems.

I have 64 bit windows 8.

• Leader

When we were ingame I had him make these settings with /seta, and he said they had no effect.

cg_bobup = 0

cg_bobpitch = 0

cg_bobroll = 0

cg_bobyaw = 0

Note that he says the game will run in Win8 64-bit without "run as admin" and that he gets different results when he does or does not.  I guess he could "run normally" as he says, just click the icon, and then see what just entering the cvar would do, like "/cg_bobup" and see it if has 0 or 0.02.  Do each when in "run in admin" and "run normal" and see if there are differences.

@CheepHeep, are you saying that when he "run as admin"  that he should /exec etconfig.cfg in console?

@CheepHeep, are you saying that when he "run as admin"  that he should /exec etconfig.cfg in console?

Yes, it could be that the case is when he runs ET as administrator, the game automatically execs the default config. Based on what he said, having blood flash on and the bobbing suggest that hes using default settings.

• Clan Friend

hmm I play from Linux not Windows, so maybe this is a stupid guess...

but maybe the folder where your config is loaded from is different when you run ET as admin?

You have to run ET as Admin because it needs writing privileges in its folder afaik, but dunno how that would change settings or configs.

Edited by S3ti
  • Like 1