What types of tea do you like, and how do you take it?

Xernicus

Well, with 25 people besides me who have shared how they take their coffee with all of us (and I'm still sticking to my promise that I'll try every drink listed)... with the advice of RedAngel, I've decided to make a topic about tea.

Now tea is a little less controversial than coffee, as it tends to be a much milder drink, with so many varieties that it's almost impossible to hate.

So... that brings up the question of what teas do you like, and what do you like to have put in?

Here's my favorite, I often drink it when I'm working on my novel:

Un-bagged earl grey tea (I'll get the supplier from the store where I buy my bulk tea), one bag (I put the tea in bags, ironically enough) per 8-12oz of water... I can't stand to reuse them.

In the mornings through the afternoons I take it plain and strong, I let the tea steep for at least 5 minutes, usually 10- but I never take the teabag out of the cup.
In the evenings, I do the same as above, but I usually add just a splash of lemon juice to bring out the more tart and bitter flavors.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys like, and like my coffee topic, How do you take your coffee? I'll try everything you post, that includes varieties of teas, different origins, sugars, milks, honeys, lemons, limes, etc. :D

• Like 2

Woah, I love tea! I don't like coffee at all, haha.

I love the taste of fruits, like green apple, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, peach, and doooh, everything is sooo delicious :3. 
Right now I am drinking Green Tea Cranberry, nomnomnom. 
I drink my tea light / medium / dark, and I don't put any sugar, honey or milk or something in my tea :3.
Oh! I just bought a new pack of tea! Caramelized Pear, hmmm. c:

• Like 2

Wow a topic about tea! my respect to you. :P

I drink tea every freaking day of my life for years and years. Twice a day at least.

My favorites are:

- Green Tea (no sugar, just pure, bitter and "argh" like most would say) :)

- Lemon Grass (with sugar or sweetener)

- Chamomile (with sugar or sweetener)

And many more, but these are my top 3. No milk, since we dont have the habit of using milk with tea here.

Cheers,

Dani

• Like 5

When i saw this topic, then Dani comed in my mind right away :)

I'm not really a "tea person", but i never tell no to one tea - "Seven Samurai" flavoured green tea. It is green tea with pineapple, mango, papaya, chocolate, vanilla, coconut and cacao bits. Since it includes so many sweet things i never add sugar. Delicious! :P

Also sometimes i just like to drink usual green tea with lemon or traditional peppermint tea. I don't add sugar, but honey is "must have" :)

• Like 1

When i saw this topic, then Dani comed in my mind right away :)

I'm not really a "tea person", but i never tell no to one tea - "Seven Samurai" flavoured green tea. It is green tea with pineapple, mango, papaya, chocolate, vanilla, coconut and cacao bits. Delicious! :P

That sounds delicious indeed!

:yahoo

I still have to try this famed southern Iced tea. Smoke or Phoenix you better hook a brother up.

But I prefer tea over coffee. I've recently started coffee as a way to wean off energy drinks, but can't take it without lots of sugar and creamer.

As for teas, I'd like to say I'm a connoisseur of tea. I will drink any tea but Green and Ginger. The first because it tastes horrid and the second because when we were sick kids our mother forced us to drink it.

I enjoy a good ceylon, preferably loose leaf over bagged.  Lemon Chamomile is another favorite, but African nectar tops the charts.

Any berry tea is good and and white tea as well.

I've been to Teavana and spent a fortune as well. There are so many teas. The only one I have left is a loose-leaf Raspberry Riot Lemon Mate. Strong and highly caffeinated.  

A good drink is London Fog. Any Starbucks will make it for you. Earl Grey, Milk and Vanilla. Delish!  People chide me because I love Earl Grey/Gray, Irish and English Breakfast. Primarily because I am young and those are "old people" teas.

• Like 1

Will I be kicked out for saying Lipton? :D

A cup of hot tea with 2 sugars and milk is great to sit down and relax with! 

!ki ronald drinking lipton. :P

Just kidding, the stuff's not bad.

Woah, I love tea! I don't like coffee at all, haha.

I love the taste of fruits, like green apple, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, peach, and doooh, everything is sooo delicious :3. 

Right now I am drinking Green Tea Cranberry, nomnomnom. 

I drink my tea light / medium / dark, and I don't put any sugar, honey or milk or something in my tea :3.

Oh! I just bought a new pack of tea! Caramelized Pear, hmmm. c:

Ooooh caramelized pear... :3 I'm going to have to go on a hunt for that!

I'm a huge fan of fruit flavored teas... in fact you just made me put the tea kettle on so I could make a few cups. Damn you for tempting me :D

• Like 2

Lipton unsweetened tea, with homemade simple syrup to make it sweet!

While boiling the tea make the syrup in a separate bowl, 1 cup of hot water + 2 cups of sugar (depending on how sweet you like it), once you have the boiled tea cool and in the pitcher, put the syrup in! 

Sooooooooooooooo good it'll leave you like :omgcat:

• Like 1

Im super addicted to coffee lol, I have it every morning. I also love tea too!!! Thai Tea is my favorite. Chai is my 2nd favorite, and then its cold sweet black tea that is amazing haha