=F|A= Old Farts

Thor

I find there are actually alot of older/old fart gamers. Most, though, do not join clans and keep quiet and well behaved on the servers so you never really notice them. I know *Evil* was started by some old farts and still has many of them around.

Oh and all you people are old!!!!!!! :P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find there are actually alot of older/old fart gamers. Most, though, do not join clans and keep quiet and well behaved on the servers so you never really notice them. I know *Evil* was started by some old farts and still has many of them around.

Oh and all you people are old!!!!!!! :P

lol you don't even list your age on the forum. How old are you? I lol at all these guys who don't want anyone to know how old they are because they are afraid if people find out they are over 30 they think all the 20 year olds will laugh at them. So what if I am 39 it just means I was born before you and I have more knowledge to draw upon. Ten years is the blink of an eye really. I was 25 just a few years ago to me. I was sixteen once and did everything you guys did too. Hell I probably was far wilder than most of you when I was a pup back in the 1980s. We thought the world was going to end any day, literally, in a nuclear war, so we partied as hard as possible and did anything we wanted to.

Hey guys, just got to thinking that we don't have anything in the forums for all of us old people playing video games. I'll be turning 37 in April and have been involved in ET since . . . the beginning. There's a clan on 2.60b called The Old Farts clan and part of the requirements for joining is you have to be atleast 35 years old. Now since I've been playing ET I've run across some people who surprised me at their age. I guess the oldest person I've met was a dad and his son. His son was 19 at the time and got his dad (51) involved in playing.

Now in my humble opinion (and among my friends) you cannot claim to be Old until you hit 30 and you cannot claim to be an Old Fart (according to the Old Farts Clan on 6b) until you hit 35. So to get to my point, I would like to know how many =F|A= members and forum/server regulars are out there that qualify as either Old or and Old Fart.

I'll go ahead and start this as I can now claim to be an Old Fart. :thanks

~Thor! B)

I think it was Bill Cosby that said this however I am not sure but here it is " Old is 10 years more than your current age" lol so it is relative. A 70 year old might claim a 30 year old is young.

Who cares how old you are just behave as a 14 year old and start cursing :) if you get shot . If you wanne behave as a adult get a job a wife some kids few dogs a huge loan and go sit in the tub for a hour (your skin will ribble ).

Hell I probably was far wilder than most of you when I was a pup back in the 1980s. We thought the world was going to end any day, literally, in a nuclear war, so we partied as hard as possible and did anything we wanted to.

I almost forgot about the 80's. I can remember back in grade school having to do air raid drills and everyone getting beneath their desk and covering their heads. We even had an air raid siren in our town and you could hear it go off for miles when the town would do training drills for air raids. I haven't heard that thing used for the better part of 15 years or more now, actually kinda miss hearing it in a strange way. The reason for the air raid siren is because our town is very close to some strategic facilities. We have Holston Armory that manufactures and store weapons and ammunition for the military and we also have a Nuclear facility near by that is the only place in the US that is allowed to handle and recycle nuclear waste.

And while alot of the younger people may have learned about the Cuban Missile Crisis in History classes in school, I can remember living through it and seeing many people making their own bomb/fallout shelters along with instruction booklets handed out by the government on what to do should a nuke be launched at the US.

Hey guys, just got to thinking that we don't have anything in the forums for all of us old people playing video games. I'll be turning 37 in April and have been involved in ET since . . . the beginning. There's a clan on 2.60b called The Old Farts clan and part of the requirements for joining is you have to be atleast 35 years old. Now since I've been playing ET I've run across some people who surprised me at their age.

At least there is something I am still too young to be in! I just squeaked into the old category at 31 as of January.