=F|A= Old Farts

Thor

Hey guys, just got to thinking that we don't have anything in the forums for all of us old people playing video games. I'll be turning 37 in April and have been involved in ET since . . . the beginning. There's a clan on 2.60b called The Old Farts clan and part of the requirements for joining is you have to be atleast 35 years old. Now since I've been playing ET I've run across some people who surprised me at their age. I guess the oldest person I've met was a dad and his son. His son was 19 at the time and got his dad (51) involved in playing.

Now in my humble opinion (and among my friends) you cannot claim to be Old until you hit 30 and you cannot claim to be an Old Fart (according to the Old Farts Clan on 6b) until you hit 35. So to get to my point, I would like to know how many =F|A= members and forum/server regulars are out there that qualify as either Old or and Old Fart.

I'll go ahead and start this as I can now claim to be an Old Fart. :thanks

~Thor! B)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, just got to thinking that we don't have anything in the forums for all of us old people playing video games. I'll be turning 37 in April and have been involved in ET since . . . the beginning. There's a clan on 2.60b called The Old Farts clan and part of the requirements for joining is you have to be atleast 35 years old. Now since I've been playing ET I've run across some people who surprised me at their age. I guess the oldest person I've met was a dad and his son. His son was 19 at the time and got his dad (51) involved in playing.

Now in my humble opinion (and among my friends) you cannot claim to be Old until you hit 30 and you cannot claim to be an Old Fart (according to the Old Farts Clan on 6b) until you hit 35. So to get to my point, I would like to know how many =F|A= members and forum/server regulars are out there that qualify as either Old or and Old Fart.

I'll go ahead and start this as I can now claim to be an Old Fart. :thanks

~Thor! B)

I am for shure an old Fart 43 Years (born 1966) playing et since the beginning http://www.3drealms.com/wolf3d/index.html check it out Lightyears far from what we play today :embrass

37 years young. I have been a gamer my whole life and life anyone else my age we have watched video games come from pong to the stage its in today. I am a bit embarrassed to admit that I started playing W:ET about 18 months ago. I say embarrassed because I wasn't around to jump on-board in the beginning.

Anyway , I hope to see you all soon.

GraveDigger

Cool cool, we have 5 Old Farts so far and I know Daredevil has read this by now and he qualifies as Old atleast, not sure about Old Fart though. Not too sure about Joe and Raineer but I think they probably both qualify as Old also. :hmm My bet is they're probably embarrassed about their age and haven't replied here yet . . . tsk tsk tsk

It all depends on how well or badly you age. I feel healthier now than I used to. I take better care of myself, and some bad injuries I had when I was young (back, knee, hip) have all healed up. So you can be 25 and more miserable than someone who is 40 if you are in bad shape physically, or emotionally traumatized.

The acceleration of time is scary. I remember being a little kid and a year was like a decade is now. The 1990s feel like they literally just happened. I can play a song and think oh yeah, this song just came out. Then I realize it was from 1994 or 1988 or some other time. And I remember working my ass off and partying and which girl I was living with back then and it doesn't seem that long ago at all.

Tonkas what 43 or something? his son also plays :)

I, however, am a young squirt falling under the 20s age category.

yes, I am an old fart, 43, you're correct, and my son plays occassionally, he's 21(he usually plays rtcw) :)