Cant connect to FA servers

Guiness!

heey hallo 

found me problem ,

same problem here..on NQ3  only awaiting gamestate and looks like its freeze ,so i am not able to login.

on the other servers i am  able to login..strange huh...(omg me again :rolleyes: )

i tryed to startup as administrator,wont work and downloaded the PK3 cleaner (the link here above )and no succes 

me screen gives a error its called 106155 files in PK3 files

Recursive error Fail -00-: Can't open PK3...after: Fail -00 -:Cant open PK3...

hopefully some has another a option to try?......or must install ET again 

already tanks for helping ...

frendley regards Ploff

• Administrators

heey hallo 

found me problem ,

same problem here..on NQ3  only awaiting gamestate and looks like its freeze ,so i am not able to login.

on the other servers i am  able to login..strange huh...(omg me again :rolleyes: )

i tryed to startup as administrator,wont work and downloaded the PK3 cleaner (the link here above )and no succes 

me screen gives a error its called 106155 files in PK3 files

Recursive error Fail -00-: Can't open PK3...after: Fail -00 -:Cant open PK3...

hopefully some has another a option to try?......or must install ET again 

already tanks for helping ...

frendley regards Ploff

What's your OS? 

os = windows 7 Ultimat ..64x

screen picture i have now ...but?. how.i must bring it here?.....(sorry )

lol ...weuu got it ..its in gallery ,screenshots..last page ..now ill try to get it here......ok ok shout it oud looud...

http://fearless-assassins.com/gallery/image/4469-screen-et/

try this link....

Edited by Ploff

• Administrators

Rename your nq folder to nq3 and join server again after starting ET as admin. Right click run as administrator option. See if that works out.

Do first what DD asked. The game was maybe not able to find the right folder (because of the name) in order to load the pk3s inside this one.

If prob is still there then this "recursive error 'fail -00-: Can't open PK3...'" is maybe related at an huge amount of pk3's (maps) or one of the essential pk3 files is damaged.

Some solutions:

-http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/374-enemy-territory-auto-pk3-cleaner/

-delete the folder(s) mode(s) and re-download it/them in connecting yourself on the server(s).

-move/store away all these maps in a separated folder with a random name, so lighten your ETmain of all (or some of) these maps (don't delete/move etkey, pak0, pak1, pak2, hunkusage, servercache, mp_bin files). Once again, the maps only.

-if it's related at a file damaged, try to get these pak0, pak1, pak2, mp_bin files from a copy/save or from here (shared via upload/download with someone in this thread for example).

-of course the last resort would be to re-install it (don't forget to save some of these files/datas like etkey, cfg,..). But give it a try with those above before.

Edited by Ann!b@l

wow ..how hard it must be ....Dare DEVIL THX PROBLEM SOVED....

i did a 3 behind the NQ folder and logged in ..yeahhh it worked..... :yahoo

thx to ann!b@l,

Daredevil,

notajedi,...(whas on me mind first ....Graficscard driver no good..... so updated it already,but good point ...needed new driver..'

and antichrist

thx for all thinking and helpping ...

and yes Ann!b@l i gonne clear some old pk3 files and clean all up...

thanks all 

!beer or Limonade all ...greetz PLoFF cya on battlefield...<3

Edited by Ploff
  • Like 2