Pro

urby

• Clan Friend

I'd personally add much more than that..

I know, but I just wanted to say that most cvars in your etcofig don't play a big role when it comes to skill.

By the way, as it has been mentioned before, skill is not only technique but also knowing what to do in every situation. And that doesn't depend on your cfg at all.

I never played ET without a config in my life, but I bet I would play more or less in the same way (i.e. not very well ...)

I don't say you don't need a config, I think a decent config is mandatory, but your skill would be more or less the same. If you are low without config you can be at most low+ with config, never med or highskill.

Of course if you play vs players who have tweaked their game to the max, you don't want to have any extra handicap.

After, choose a server with bot, and you need "stupid" bot. Practice your aim. And if you can, choose a server with unlimited ammo. So you didn't need reload. After you have an aim upper than 40% against bot, practice versus real players.

I would skip that step and go straightaway to a server with humans (beginners, though) Edited by SunLight
  • Like 1

I know, but I just wanted to say that most cvars in your etcofig don't play a big role when it comes to skill.

Well someone finally understands. 

It's common sense that configs gives an advantage, good player or not. Anyone saying otherwise is wrong.

Brb tweaking!

Configs does gives an advantage but does that make you a skilled player? I dont think so. In CoD you think that there is so many settings/cvars like on ET. There is only few MAIN settings, like brightness, HUD settings, sensitivity. Just some standard and common settings at least I know on that thats the situation on consoles.

This is my last post on this thread because I think all the good answers was given and there is no reason to bump this thread and turn it into a unnecessery debate.  :lock

• Like 1

I would skip that step and go straightaway to a server with humans (beginners, though)

Skip if you want, but it's a good idea sometimes practice this step (after play with real humain). It's for that many players think i'm good with rnade. I just practice my aim with bot (stupid) and in a server with unlimited ammo.

• Clan Friend

Skip if you want, but it's a good idea sometimes practice this step (after play with real humain). It's for that many players think i'm good with rnade. I just practice my aim with bot (stupid) and in a server with unlimited ammo.

everyone can choose the kind of training they want

years ago with my clanmates we also did things like loading a trickjump config and then stuff like /give health 10000 and fight for a while, another nice thing to do would be to use (again with trickjump config) load and save to fight from some specific positions again and again, we used to do all the possible crazy stuff like fighting with timescale 0.5 (slowmotion) and of course headshot only config, etc.

But I think if you don't have talent you can do what you want and at most you can get to the same level of someone with talent who doesn't train

Omnibots have slightly different hitboxes than players, so I would avoid them. At most I would do a lan server and connect twice, then from one pc I would do a config like +moveleft wait x -moveleft, and some random stuff like that, this way I would have a moving target but it would be a real player with real hitboxes

• Like 1

• 2 years later...