Keep XP

Martino13
Go to solution Solved by excedo,

I am getting a new computer. Tired of getting my @ss handed to me from the lag from the old one. How do I get my XP back when I re-install ET? I've went through this before when I lost a hard drive and it didn't come back even though I had same account. Thanks for any help!

• Solution

Depends on what mod, If you play Silent there won't be a problem!

If you play Jaymod or any other mod it will be a problem, So best thing is to make a copy of your ETkey which is located in your ETmain folder.

You can easily get into that folder by, clicking on your Wolfenstein EXE file. By pressing the right mouse button and click on Map Location or just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory . <- Depends on that path you installed ET. Once you are in the ETmain map, make a backup of your ETkey. By doing this you can once you have your new computer easily install ET and put the file back in the ETmain folder.

Good luck!

EDIT: I have uploaded a image how the file look like. (Attached files)

post-4837-0-05123500-1391878488_thumb.png

Edited by MOTA.FIED

This may be stupid, but this is what I would do (so its probably stupid). I would just put all the important stuff in ET that i'm worried about loosing (etkey, profile, maps) and put it on a flash drive.

That way when you set up your new computer you can just plug in the flash drive and safely put the files back in the folder.

Can an admin delete this if its going to ruin his Wolf ET or something? :unsure:

I just love to gain all the ranks again and hear the ranking sounds. Takes only 1-2 maps to get 4 stars on a class + signal and weapon handling.

Copying for backups to CD\USB\email so others can´t access it(mails\cloud with private pswd and USB also private not shared) can´t harm you in any way. Its only solution to be sure that your documents\pics\work\gamsaves won´t be lost.

This may be stupid, but this is what I would do (so its probably stupid). I would just put all the important stuff in ET that i'm worried about loosing (etkey, profile, maps) and put it on a flash drive.

That way when you set up your new computer you can just plug in the flash drive and safely put the files back in the folder.

Can an admin delete this if its going to ruin his Wolf ET or something? :unsure:

Never messed it up for me.

• Like 1