Diggity's Motorcycle project

Diggity

Well, here is my latest project my 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800cc.  I bought it last year and just started fixing her up this year.  My first step was replacing the gas tank and the right hand mirror as the guy I bought it from laid it down and buggered it up a bit.  That was for you Double Aids, like my proper English? lol.  Anyway, I have to thank Double Aids and Convertor for assisting me in this project.  First picture is what she looked like before and the second is after. Oh and I added the sissy bar just recently too.

post-11745-0-70310500-1391765299_thumb.jpgpost-11745-0-83071900-1391765320_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Well, here is my latest project my 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800cc.  I bought it last year and just started fixing her up this year.  My first step was replacing the gas tank and the right hand mirror as the guy I bought it from laid it down and buggered it up a bit.  That was for you Double Aids, like my proper English? lol.  Anyway, I have to thank Double Aids and Convertor for assisting me in this project.  First picture is what she looked like before and the second is after. Oh and I added the sissy bar just recently too.

attachicon.gifBefore.jpgattachicon.gifAfter.jpg

looks better than before.. nice work diggi

• Like 2

After many attempts, I'm finally not going to let accidental page navigation ruin for me.... here it comes!

EVERYONE HAS AIDS, AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS!!!!

So, this blue one is called Jeeves!  He is a Triumph Trophy 1200 4 Cylinder - the very first of the Hinckley Triumph models.  I use him every day for everything and cover about 24,000 miles a year on him.

post-11222-0-53499000-1391943928_thumb.jpg

I also use him for touring....

post-11222-0-83653300-1391943886_thumb.jpg

In fact... I made an online diary of a little road trip to Scotland with some awesome photos, most of them with me in (not really) here is the link, http://www.norfolkriders.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=927 

On to Dude. Dude is my 1981 Honda CB750F, I have owned him for years and have stripped and rebuilt him many times (for educational purposes - not coz he broke)  Being modelled here by Jazz, my son - about 6 years ago.

post-11222-0-35072700-1391943996_thumb.jpg

HeMan is a GS500E, I have lots of fun on this little bike, I've even taken him touring - photo taken in Devon 2008 I think.

post-11222-0-32535200-1391943949_thumb.jpg

I also have:

Red: A 1994 Cagiva Supercity 125 2 stroke

MILF: A 1994 Triumph Triple Custom (My university project - My degree was Motorcycle Engineering) - MILF is actually a girl! And the registration plate is M921BLF, so the name is bonafide. I will find some pics.

352: A 1980 Honda CB250T Superdream custom - owned 15 years - I wanted a mean name for a bike and a friend suggested "352", it apparently is the name of a court marshall in the Navy.

[attachment=23777:IMG00137.jpg]

EVERYONE HAS AIDS, AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS!!!!

And that concludes my current bikes, I have had up to 29 bikes but I sold most of them to pay for my university fees.

AIDS AIDS AIDS!!!

post-11222-0-11891400-1391944772_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome DA, I don't think I will catch you on owning 29 bikes, this is my fourth lol!  It looks like some fun to do touring with your bikes, I would love to do that when I get off this island!  Thank you for sharing now I am jealous :P  

Can never thank you enough for your assistance putting mine back together.  

Thanks convertor and von Rantala.  

• Like 1

Awww you're welcome Diggity. And just to boost my ego unnecessarily more, here is a picture of me at work.  I'm the one with the headset on.

EVERYONE HAS AIDS! AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS!!!!!!!!!!

We had 20 minutes to repair our rider's bike after a 130mph crash, there was oil and fuel down so they stopped the race to clean the circuit.  This is the British Superbike Series.  We came second in this race, despite two big offs!

post-11222-0-02309200-1391982911_thumb.jpg

Anytime you need help Dig, just ask :o)

• Like 2

Wow that's cool DA looks like a lot of fun and hard work. do you travel a lot racing?  :D

We do travel a lot and sometimes I'm away from home for up to two months, and typically 5 months of the year in total.  That's why off season you see me in game shitloads, and in the spring/summer/autumn I'm lucky to have a moment to myself.  We race in Europe, do the IOM TT, the Northwest and British Superbikes.  I'v been lucky enough to meet and work with most of my childhood hero's.  I'll be giving it up soon though - I miss my misses and kids.

EVERYONE HAS AIDS!!! AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS!!!!!!!

If you happen to NOT know what the "IOM TT" is, then you MUST SEE IT.  Youtube it now, get a POV video and brace yourself - the Northwest is just as mental.  My team have won a race at both in the last 12 months!

Just taking my own advice and watching an IOM TT vid.  Absolutely amazing.  There are spectators that if they extended their' arms, could touch the bikes passing at 210-220 mph!

Edited by Double Aids
  • Like 1

Woow one of greatest videos what i ever saw! Wow. You need so much bravery to do that! Wow! How common is major accidents??

I just watched the video you found, AWESOME.  I love the first scene with the bikes going past at mental speeds and the guy with the camera not flinching, whilst the lady next to him orgasms every 3 seconds!

EVERBODY HAS AIDS!!! AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS!!!!!

The folks (yes women do it too) who race here do it because it's all they know - racing is in their' blood.  The TT has been running since 1907, making it the oldest motorcycle race in the world.  In the early days, average speeds were 25-30 mph, now the average speed is 130+mph.

Unfortunately, on average 2.5 competitors a year are killed a year. And then there is Mad Sunday! Mad Sunday (used to be just the Sunday but now runs most days to stop the accidents) is when the race circuit is open to spectators - the are lots of bad crashes - often the worst kind.

Oddly, to anyone who doesn't ride, the danger is a major appeal to us.

To see an amazing crash at the TT, where the rider not only survived but managed to return to competitive form, watch this...

Is this off topic? :)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I've watched quite a few videos about the Isle of Man races and those are some of the most intense motorcycle races in the history of the sport! Oh, and both of you have very nice bikes...makes me miss having one.